Anxiety

Tasha89

Reaction score
I've been feeling really anxious today :-( It's awful!

I was like this when everything kicked off with work in April but i've not had any episodes since. I just cant relax and feel really, well, anxious. Any tips on how I can chill out?

I just wanna curl up under the duvet and stay there all day :-( Got my mate coming round for tea tonight and I really don't have the energy or desire to entertain tonight :-( Cant really cancel as i've already reschelduled once before... :cry:

I know how you feel Tasha, I think it's probably the surge of hormones spliced in with the thought of impending motherhood, it's a lot to take on board and sometimes I can feel myself slipping a bit and I worry that if I don't keep track of myself I might end up losing myself completely! I feel anxious most of the time at the moment, there is always something to worry about!

Don't beat yourself up if you don't feel like entertaining tonight, I'm sure your friend will understand that you have a lot on your place right now!

:hug: can you and your friend just get a takeaway delivered? If you feel like hiding under the duvet then do exactly that!!! :hug: you need to look after yourself and theres nothing wrong with having a good cry under the duvet if thats what you feel like doing.

awwww sweetie!! they say its the hardest time to relax late on in pregnancy - My friend who does reflexology - has told me the best way to relax -

Is not go to bed - that will only make you more anxious....because you lie there and just think and your brain is doing too much work

Go into a quiet room - listen to some nice quiet/relaxing music - quiet enough so you can listen to your breathing.....as you listen to breathing in & out....slowly....picture a beautiful ocean....as you breath in the sea rolls in......& as you breath out the sea rolls back out.........

Really hope that helps....

I have some more techniques if you need any....

xxxxxxx

Thank you guys :hug:

Cancelled tonight - feel much better already :)

I hate feeling like this :-( The more I try and calm myself the worse I seem to get...it's so weird!

Only way I can describe it is when you get that sudden feeling like you've forgotten to do something but you cant remember what exactly. I don't know - maybe it's my mind panicking about the impending arrival of my son/daughter? Who knows lol! Xx

glad to hear youre feeling better. I get that feeling mostly at night. I actually got out of bed the othernight half asleep and walked out into the hallway then didnt know what I was going to do, but didnt want to go back to bed cos I felt so strongly that I had to do something.... was very wierd.

I think pregnancy just sends us all bloody nuts! I don't know how OH puts up with me! Called him earlier demanding that he 'calm me down' lol! He's got loads on at work at the mo so the poor sod wasn't much use lol!

Jesus, thought i'd been asleep for a week then, what's up with your ticker Tiny? x

OMG I just noticed!! WTF is that?! Does it just go mental now cos I shouldve had the baby? I remember inky's doing the same, I think it was inky anyway..

Haha! You never know! Yeah someone elses has gone a bit nuts too... Maybe if you do it again it'll make sense?

hmmm well on the website it says -2 days to go. :confused:

I'd be soooo annoyed if I dont give birth until this time next week!!! Can just imagine it happening though. Thank god Ive got a sweep booked for saturday :yay: Ive been ODing on evening primrose oil!

Hopefully you wont need it and you'll be in labour soon :D

just tried to redo the ticker and it comes up with the same error. Must be a bug. Maybe it will go back to normal tomorrow. Imagine if I go 10 days over and it says 40 weeks and 17 days pregnant. Id have to be committed if I went on for that long!!!

just tried to redo the ticker and it comes up with the same error. Must be a bug. Maybe it will go back to normal tomorrow. Imagine if I go 10 days over and it says 40 weeks and 17 days pregnant. Id have to be committed if I went on for that long!!!

:rofl:

Glad you feeling a little better. I am really anxious too and I am only 28 weeks. I think it is because I have so much time on my hands and am not working. I cancelled on my friend today and feel bad. Last night I was a wreck. I began to pack to see my friend today and it just got stressed that I had forgotten stuff. Then went to my first antinatal class after where they tell you about the birth. I felt anxious through the whole thing and just wanted to cry. I thought it would be a nice thing to do but no. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Took today to chill - went back to bed for a few hours this afternoon. Feeling a bit better but still anxious.

I think having something to take your mind off it will help. Perhaps nothing too physical. You could maybe go to your friends instead.

Take it easy. x

Glad you're feeling better Tasha :) Nice to know I'm not the only one having night-time stress-outs too Tiny!

Thanks guys! Just scranned a WHOLE bag of Aero Bubbles to myself (the big bags too!) God I needed it! Feeling a lot better - going to go soak in the bath as i've forced poor OH to sit through ALL the soaps, so TV's his now until bedtime! x

aww tasha, you sound exactly like me!! and that's without me being pregnant! hehe. to calm down i either sleep (if you have tgime of course) or write it all out.. or speak to Alan. he has heard NUFF of my problems lol! sounds like you feel a lot better anyway. pregnancy really does bring out the panicky side in your sometimes! hehe xxxx

Was so strange - I only ever felt like that when work were playing up... I'm fine now and have been since, strange eh! lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back