Just back from labour ward tour.

NIE

Reaction score
It has never felt as real as it does now.......I am really scared of labour and although I know what should happen and have been given a tour, I am so teriffied that I feel like I could cry.

I just don't feel ready for labour and don't think that I can or will be able to do it.

I'm not sure exactly what it is Iam scared of. Possibly the whole idea of not being in control, fear and how my life is going to change.

How did you all feel after a tour of the labour ward? Am I normal to be feeling this way?

It just doesn't feel fun and exciting anymore. All I feel is dread. xxx

NIE said:
I'm not sure exactly what it is Iam scared of. Possibly the whole idea of not being in control, fear and how my life is going to change.

I had this.... fear of the unknown...

but as Midna said by the time baby is ready to come you'll want it so bad you won't care... I went overdue and remember going to my midwife on my due date, breaking down in tears and begging her to induce me... I'd just had enough... I was in pain from the SPD, wasn't sleeping, depressed, lonely, exhausted... I just wanted the baby OUT!!

And when you get to those last few weeks you will feel the same... You are less scared of the unknown than having to suffer through the known any longer... and in all honesty hun... it's not that bad... you read the birth stories with the clear head of a sober women, but when it comes down to it... you're not really there through labour...its like watching it through a TV...Its really surreal... and having the baby is such a wonderful experience that you don't regret the pain of it all... and you are just so happy to have gotten through it... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

try not 2 worry. youll be fiiiiine! loadsa people hav positive experiences.
and like the others hav said, when u get 2 the last few weeks, that fear disappears and u just cant wait 2 meet ur baby.
:hug:

I felt quite at ease after visiting the labour ward because the hospital is massive so I was relieved to see (and feel) that the whole maternity bit felt quite intimate.

When it comes to the whole labour thing, I'm with you on that one!!

I'm sure I will be fine. I had a good sleep last night and although I still feel scared, I am actually managing to have a laugh about how I am feeling and have started talking about my fears and worries to my mum and hubby which has helped loads. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back