Anxiety in Pregnancy

Citygirl1

Reaction score
I've found the further i am going into my pregnancy, the more i am worrying about all sorts of stuff and things going wrong. I wouldn't say at this stage i'm particularly anxious about labour but that might come later.:shock:

My latest fear at the moment is going out in this horrible weather up here. I know i can't lock myself away until february but i think what if my car skids in the ice, what if the airbag goes off, what if i slip on the pavement. It's driving me mad.:wall2:

I know that accidents can basically happen anytime and i can't let this fear control me, but it's difficult at times.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Hey! I have had similar feelings, not so much about me hurting myself but about labour more than anything, and anxious I'm going to forget about my baby. Sounds stupid but I really think I'm going to forget her! And do things and realise she's been left somewhere! And I am rather anxious about having a traumatic labour too. Not sure why we get them, but it's hard to overcomethe feelings as you don't know why you think them in the first place! I think as long as you are careful, drive carefully and don't take too dangerous risks you'll be ok, the weather really isn't helping at all. X

Yea, I used to worry constantly that something would happen to dh at work and i'd be left alone, or that I'd get run over crossing the road and that they would save the baby and he would grow up motherless. So irrational but the fear was so real x

Can empathise with both your fears. Hubby is driving from glasgow to edinburgh tomorrow, don't know if you have seen anything on the news about the weather conditions up here but they've been truly horrendous.

I have just felt like I've read a thread that I've written. I work in a school on the second floor and when I'm at work I try to not leave my room as the floors and stairs are so wet and slippy. I can't stop worrying either! I'm sure when or if the snow goes well feel a lot better.

Do you know once I had a baby , I realised how badley and girl racerly that I drove in my car, and as soon as I had a baby I started worring about things more and being far more careful.

Normally in the snow, I would be a big kid and sliding along, but I'm creeping along trying not to slip now like an old lady just incase.

So what I'm saying is don't worry it's all part and parcel of becoming a mother , it's only a natural protective response and you will be all the better a mum for it hun X

Last edited:
Thanks ladies. Stumpy, can totally empathise. My work is in a unit and i have to go up a flight of stairs. the street outside is not on a main road so does not get gritted and is like an ice rink at the moment.

JJ - I know your right, i thought nothing of speeding about in my car or getting out in that snow but now i look at it with a completely different perspective.

Your not alone on that one. I'm freaking out bigtime. The thoughts n dreams are making it worse.
I'm actually scared. The last dream I had involved OH climbing out the bed n kicking over the Moses basket with baba in it, I completely spazzed out on him n told him to F-off n go bk to his mums....I jumped out my sleep in a panicked state.

I'm so worried about everything. But I don't wanna go to my dr incase he thinks I'm off my nut!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back