Anti sickness tablets..

becsybabe

Reaction score
Hi all I got prescribed the cyclizine hydrochloride anti sickness tablets today from my GP for my constant nausea. I can have upto 3 tablets a day can anyone tell me how long it will take for them to kick in? And their experiences on them please xxx

They take a few days to kick in properly I believe. I got on OK with them at the start they stopped the sickness but left me with extreme tiredness and nausea. In the end I got put on a stronger pill called ondansatron which is miles better but usually used in chemotherapy and im trying to use it sparingly 1. Coz it's expensive which foolishly I care about even though my prescriptions are now free :( 2. It's not as wide spead in pregnancy as cyclizine so hasn't got as much info on it about side effects. There is a slight chance of increased cleft pallet's on it.

Last edited:
Thankyou well Iv been told to take the highest dosage to start with then gradually just takecas and when so hopefully il feel more normal in a few days :) xxx

I was put on cyclizine on Friday but it does nothing for me. I was on avomine before and that was better, even though I still get nausea 24/7. I do hope it works for you though xx

Thankyou I can honestly say this morning working has been more bareable so it must be doing something for me :) just hope I'm not going to jinx myself now. I hope you get sorted lisey soon. These babies causing trouble before we even meet them lol xx

Naughty babies :) Glad they are helping xx

Lisey I wrote on the may thread try getting some sugar free barley sugar sweets I found the helped for a short time enough to get me thru the things that are a must like the school run the washing ironing etc xx

Soft mints and strawberry laces are my lifesavers

For me they worked within a few days, but I was still constantly nauseous so switched to prochloperazine. They told me if I wasn't feeling better after three or four days to get in touch again.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Thanks I'm hoping I'm ok on them although tonight I do feel rough xx

OMG today has by far been my worst day I took three tablets yesterday had 2 today but honestly they make me feel worse so not taken the third today. God I'm tired feel sick have zero energy short tempered going to have to go bk to the docs surely I shouldn't feel more nauseous on these tablets I know it's only day two but to feel worse ??? Maybe they don't agree with me xxx

I'm sure they made me worse too. The weekend was the worst I have felt so far. Back on avomine now xx

I want to go bk to the go tomorrow I'm just worried they will say u need to give it more time but I can't bring myself to take anymore with how iv felt today? Xx

They changed mine no probs. Give them a call, you're obv not going to want something that makes you feel even worse xx

Ye il make an app first thing. Iv read somewhere week 9 is the worst week and I'm bang on 9 weeks today xx

Same happened to me. I thought things would get better but they ramped up. A doctor told me today that I will probably feel better in a month....a month!!! Xx

Oooo I hope not my first day back in work is when I'm back on week 9......

Last edited:
A month bloody hell its crazy how these babies make us feel so ill. I guess 1 good thing whilst we feel so poorly at least we know everything is growing well inside us :). Oh no eryinera I hope I'm wrong :) xx

So they prescribed me promethazine? Anyone had this before xx

No I've not had that one x
I got my sick note extended after having one of my sickiest days to date. 8+5 I really hope your right and little one is growing! I feel the same if not worse than I felt with my son. I'm clinging to that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back