Need adivse ASAP... RE: Imodium

lozzi

Reaction score
...Has anyone got a pack of imodium that they can tell me if its the right things i have here.

Its a blister pack there are 6 tablets, the tablets are mauve/purple and green.

On the back of the blister pack it says Imodium Capsules (loperamide hydrochloride 2mg)

Firstly, imodium are "shit-stoppers" arent they lol excuse my language...??

Do these tablets sound like the right ones??

If they are the right tablets? how many of these purple and geren tablets does he take?

thanks ladies!!!

We have all got that noro virus thing again, my dad has just the runs and nausea, and ive got the sickness... So im prayin that these are teh right tablets as i dont want to risk going outa nd throwing up over the chemist.

Yup immodium are anti diarrhoeal meds... They are pretty effective... Usually one or two caps will be sufficent depending on the severity of the diarreah... but in all honesty with a virus like Norovirus, unless there is a severe threat of dehydration in the patient or they have had liquid diarreah for more than three days, it's best not to use them and just let the body get rid of the virus by natural means... you feel horrible for a few days, but anti diarrheoal and anti vomiting meds can prolong the course of these illnesses...

Although if the doctor has prescribed it I would go by what the doctor says.

Who are they for?

Squiglet said:
Yup immodium are anti diarrhoeal meds... They are pretty effective... Usually one or two caps will be sufficent depending on the severity of the diarreah... but in all honesty with a virus like Norovirus, unless there is a severe threat of dehydration in the patient or they have had liquid diarreah for more than three days, it's best not to use them and just let the body get rid of the virus by natural means... you feel horrible for a few days, but anti diarrheoal and anti vomiting meds can prolong the course of these illnesses...

Although if the doctor has prescribed it I would go by what the doctor says.

Who are they for?

My dad, he has got severe diahorrea.

2nd day now.

He asked me to go to the chemist for some "shit-stoppers" lol :lol: but i darent leave the house coz of my sickness.
i just had a look in the medicine drawer and there was a blister pack of these tablets.... but no box or instructions...

2capsules every 6hours it says on imodium website :wink:

Well heres a data sheet for the drug... :)

http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/datash ... idetab.htm

As I said two tabs should be fine for an adult.. :) But also he should try and stick to drinking fluids only... with the norovirus anything can irritate the bowel lining.. Also make sure that you clean everything... its a contact virus not an airborne so the only way you can transmit it is through contact... Everything needs to be clean... work tops, kitchen tables, toilets, bathrooms... even the handles on the doors to the bathroom.. toilet flushes..

I'm a bit OCD where stomach bugs are concerned.. They nearly kill me and I end up in hospital... which I hate.. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back