Anti D Injections?

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
So im booked to get mine at 28 weeks. Does that sound about the right time?

And what are they like? I am fine having blood drawn.. but HATE injections. Are they awful? Is it intramuscular? or subcutaneous? and where do they normally do it?

Yes 28 weeks is the usual time to have it done, then again at 34 weeks-I'm two weeks later getting mine as I lost my notes and didn't get it done until 30 weeks. It's intramuscular and I've had mine in various places but mw said that the guidelines at the minute are for it to be done at the top of your arm which is where I had mine this time x I've always found that they hurt-not the injection-the actual product itself going in hurts and I also find my arm is sore to touch for a few days after x I'm the opposite to you-hate having blood taken so much it makes me feel faint and don't mind injections x

I had this at 28 weeks and 34 weeks. One was in my upper buttock and the next one in my upper arm, it stung more in the arm but apart from being tender for a few hours it was fine.

For me it wasnt as bad as blood being taken..!!

I had mine at 28 weeks and it was a new all in one jab so I didn't have to have 2 doses. It was in my upper arm, no idea if it was intramuscular or whatever... it stung a bit going in but not badly and didn't really hurt afterwards - it was fine.

I had mine at 28 weeks after my 28 week bloods and apparently i got told they only do one jab now as the 2nd isn't effective. I had mine in my upper arm and i hate injections too but it just felt really cold!! The blood test was worse!!! You only have to have a booster should you have an unexpected bleed and i think you have a second dose after the birth....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back