Anti D

flinty84

Reaction score
I have AB negative blood, so I have been told I need to have an anti D injection whenever a pegnancy ends, be it full term or mc. I've going through my second mc at the moment at 5+4w. Last time I had a mmc at 6+1w and ended up having a ERPC, and they gave me an anti d injection. I went to the doctors today to get an anti d injection, as i read it needs to be given within 72 hours, and they told me they don't give it unless you reach 12w, but shes booked me into have it done on thursday. I'm really confused. Anybody else have to have anti d injections after an early mc?

Firstly sorry for your loss!!! Im am O rhesus negative and my hubby is positive. I had a natural mc last February at almost 7 weeks. I fully expected and asked to get a anti D injection but they wouldnt give me it as I was under 12 weeks. I had a feeling it was actually a but of a budget cut with the NHS but dont know. I never did persue it but I ŵould get it if they allow you.

I'm b- and had 2 MMC last year, i had to have ERPC after both and had anti-d both times but i was told by midwives they dont give the anti-D if its a natural MC before 12 weeks, they only give it to you with ERPC because of the surgery.

Sorry for your loss :hugs: xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back