Antenatel class - what is peoples problem?

I have found my pregnancy yoga classes exactly the same initially it seemed everyone was looking at me wondering how old i was, (I'm 19 although i look young to be pregnant i look older than i am). I think it's really sad that now adays people in my situation are looked down upon whatever their personal situation - not that that should even make a difference.

My boyfriend and i are both students and therefore not at all in the financial position to have a baby, we have been together 5 years however and are extremely happy with the unexpected change of events. It will not change when we decide to get married as whatever happens we were planning to save up for th eperfect day and considering how long that'll take esp with a baby is a good 5 years away...

It's sad that the pressures of modern day society seems to only make it possible for teenage pregnancies and 'mature' (no offence) pregnancies due to the impossibility nowadays of being able to have both a job and a family and to be honest the imposibility to have a family without a job/secure financial situation. People do it but it is a struggle and sadly for that people look down on you - no wonder britain is in a baby flop phase in comparison to the rest of europe!

I would have ideally had my first child after i had graduated, however when is the right time?, we would be saving up to get on the property ladder, then saving up for the wedding and honey moon then saving up for the baby whilst paying the mortgage etc etc etc. Although i was initially terrified i am now pleased i am having my first at this age as I will do all those things in my own time and not worry about postponing what i feel is the most natural and rewardning thing for a woman to do in her life... bring up a child to the best of her ability.

You are right when you say age is nothing but a number - I have recently made friends with a girl who is also 19 had her first child at 15 and is having her second around the same time as me. She has missed out on the education i have been lucky enough to get but seeing her with her son makes me realise it's not about how old, rich or clever you are it is your mind set, what you think is important in life and whether will be a good parent, willing to sacrifice things for the good of your child. She is intending to train as a mid wife when her second is 6 months old and I think it is a great idea - I don't feel having a baby young is the end of the world everyone is determined on telling me it is.

Don't ever let people make you feel uncomfortable just because of their naive idea's of the social norm - although i felt slightly uncomfortable at first after a few sessions everyone loosened up and realised we are all pregnant women all looking to do the same thing...

Sorry for the long post (i hope i haven't offended anyone) :oops:

ps sorry for posting in the wrong section but i thought i should give some support!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back