Dad to Be class

BabyBrain

Reaction score
Bless him my OH went to the Dad to Be class at the hospital last night. Then kept me awake til gone 11 telling me about it, I should have just gone myself :D

He said it was good, went more into depth than the ante natal classes about the mother's reactions and feelings during labour and they were told not to take it personally if we try to kill them lol. He said the mw was great. She showed them all what might happen with c-sections and the level of staff that are in theatre and not to be freaked out etc. And also told about what happens if the cord gets wrapped around baby's neck and stuff like that.

They were all given a doll to hold throughout the class so they had to get used to holding it whilst handing round leaflets and doing other stuff still looking after their "baby". He learnt a lot from this because believe it or not he's never held a child under the age of 2 :shock:, not even our nephews and godchildren.

All in all I think he enjoyed it and probably relaxed a lot more being just around men, I suppose they are more likely to ask questions concerning themselves. He did ask what would happen if he passes out and hits the deck and the mw said he stays on the deck til he comes round lol. If any of your OH's are thinking of going to one I would say my OH would recommend it xxxxxxxxx

That sounds brilliant, I wish my area ran something similar to that but I don't believe they do....

I love it when daddies take an interest- its hard for them because 9 (lets face it closer to 10) months is a really long time for them to hold interest :)

xxxx

That's awesome that he enjoyed it :)

I asked Lee if he wanted to go to one and he said he went to one with Beth so didn;t need to lol :roll: which is fair.

xxx

Yeah I think it's aimed more at first time Dads in our area. Mind you my OH is 40 this year and he was the youngest one there :shock: although it is a career town here so maybe they are all leaving it later

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back