Last antenatal class

Mildly

Reaction score
We had our last antenatal class tonight (well except for a breastfeeding workshop for the ladies next week) and right at the end the midwife asked if we were going to arrange a reunion. She went on about it saying how normally one person takes responsibility for taking all the numbers and ringing round a couple of weeks after the last person's due date. There were about 8 couples at our class and we were all pretty quiet about committing to a reunion (i.e. no one seemed that keen). The midwife then asked around about who was the last person due trying to get them to take responsibility but they kinda just looked down. The whole thing was a bit embarrassing really!

Don't get me wrong, some of the people seemed nice but I don't really fancy meeting up with a load of people that I barely know only weeks after I've given birth. I'm not really a joiner anyway and OH and I have been leaving pretty much straight after our classes each week in order to escape the small talk.

Has anyone arranged to meet with people from their classes after the birth? Am I just a really unsociable creature for not wanting to meet up? :oops:

I'm totally with you on that. I can't think of anything worse than meeting up with a bunch of strangers and trying to find something to talk about. This is why I like the computer and the forum. If I want to talk to someone I just log on and when I'm bored I can log off :D .

Only one reunion? we have 2! We've arranged to meet before babies start coming and then again in October. Our course woman wanted the men and women to meet seperately but we are all meeting together instead. I'm not normally a joiner but I really wanted to meet some people locally that i could speak to (other than just in cyber space!) as I only know couple of people with babies- and i don;t speak to them that often. Not fair that she put it on one person though. you don;t have to go though if you don't want to so don't feel bad. :hug:

Heh, I don't think going is an option. No one took responsibility for taking numbers so I don't think we have one :D I am quite relieved really :D

Glad I'm not the only one Hazel :)

I wouldn't have gone to mine! :shakehead: Mainly because I wasn't invited :rotfl: I don't think leaving early and never going back helped my street cred either?! 8) :think:

Ah, I'm pretty sociable usually but I'm one of these people who get home from work, park my car (without making eye contact with any neighbours doing their bins), fumble around with my keys whilst pegging it to my front door hoping no-one stops me to "chat" AKA "gossip".

I hate evening & weekend visitors too lol. Some I don't mind obviously, but I have to be really close to them to enjoy their company! I like to lounge and relax in the evening & weekends and when we have visitors who we rarely see, I find it a huge effort having to ask someone how their holiday was when I actually couldn't give a crap.

Oooh I'm evil tonight! :twisted: :oops: x

I've not even started my antenatal classes yet but I'm dreading being asked to one of these now!!

I'm probably the most unsociable person EVER! I just like it to be me and DH and hate it when we have to go visiting other people and even worse when people come to my house....I've told everyone to ring me now before they come so I always just make and excuse that I'm out :twisted:

I definately won't be going to any reunion I can tell you :shakehead:

I thought I was odd for being like you all describe, thank god you all answered like that. I am sociable with people I enjoy spending time with, I just hate chit chat.

Dannii, I'm definitely the same about the 'park car, straight to door and open' thing, and the asking questions I don't care about the answer to.

last class!!! I've not even had my first yet! :lol: :lol: it's in 3 weeks.

I wouldn't be too keen on meet ups either, unless I'd really got on with someone

Phew I'm glad it isn't just me then :D

I have to know people really well before I feel comfortable with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back