Class advice

Our NHS classes were much the same, totally useless in my opinion, but then that's because of all the advice and discussions I've seen on here combined with having done the HypnoBirthing clasess. At our parentcraft class I was the annoying woman with a long list of questions about everything. All the other people at the class were just happily going along with everything the midwife said and didn't seem to think about questionning anything. None of them even seemed that bothered that we hadn't had the chance to do a stork walk and see the unit. It's only because I started the class off by complaining about how crap the virtual tour was that the midwife then went and arranged a quick tour for us.

As for the positive/negative stuff that you experienced Star - doing HypnoBirthing we have been taught all of those things, so we're not supposed to tell anyone our due date, but the reason given wasn't quite the same as yours. It was to help keep us relaxed so that friends and family are not constantly phoning/texting to ask if you've had the baby yet, and putting more pressure on you than you are already doing for yourself. Doing HypnoBirthing though we expected it to be a bit hippified, but actually Sam is a qualified Midwife working in my hospital trust and she kept everything really scientific and practical, which suited us. She also went through loads more than I expected her to, it was a full antenatal course covering issues like cord clamping and vitamin K. She didn't tell us what to do, but just gave us all the information to help us make informed choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back