Antenatal classes

UmmAli

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I saw the midwife last week for my anti-D and she was surprised I hadn't started some sort of parental classes yet...

...at 16 weeks I asked the midwife when I should book myself into an antenatal course and she said "one of the community midwives will tell me when it's time"...

WHEN DID YOU GUYS STARTED YOUR CLASSES?

I booked up for mine in November.

I start them in Feb every Tuesday afternoon for 4 weeks.....

I was told at my 31 week appt that I will just have one night of a Parent Craft session and that would be it. It lasts a coupld of hours so hopefully will be informative. No set dates yet though, all I know is it will be in Feb.

i start mine tomorrow every thursday night for 2 hours for 5 weeks!

no-one has ever offered them to me or even mentioned them..

Me neither but the care in our area is appalling so it doesnt suprise me.

I was wondering about this too as I was under the impression you had to book in early for them. Loads os my family and friends are shocked I haven't been told about it yet...maybe I should ask next week :?

Hey there! :wave: :hug:

When I had first asked, the midwife had told me to call the hospital when I'm 20 weeks pregnant. I called them then only to be told that they were fully booked up until my due date (and over!) :shock: I then told my midwife who sent me to my local Sure Start Children Centre for antenatal classes. She booked me in for when I would be 36 weeks. They were every Thursday for three consecutive Thursdays.

I started mine about 30 weeks, had 6 two hour classes every tues. I have my last class next tues. I was warned by my sis-in-law that classes get very very booked up so I booked in to mine at about 20 weeks.

I wasn't impressed by the wonky and poorly photocopied info leaflets about the NHS antenatal classes in my area so signed up for NCT classes. They started this week and will run for a further 7 consecutive weeks.

Down side is that I have had to pay £100 for the privilege, but feel that I have an opportunity to meet other people in my position, make some friends and feel prepared for the birth and the early days. It also helps my OH get involved as the classes are in the evening. NHS course around here were day time or weekend which wouldn;t have worked well for us.

arghhhhh bollocks!!! why did u start this thread mine was this morning :wall: oppps.

Mine were booked for me at my 20 wk apt - started them at 29 weeks for six weeks - 2 hours per week - cant remember any of it now :oops:

mine were booked a few months ago and started monday night - it was fab. Labour :lol: If i was laid back about it b4,im even more laid back now. the way midwife explained it was great :D
I have another class next monday complications and feeding
and another one week after on care of baby and health visitor.

I also have 2 ones coming up at the hospital on relaxation and breathing.

I was told by midwife to phone and book them at 24 weeks so i did but they were all booked up!! so im not getting any! :(

To be completely honest I'm not looking forward to it... besides, I've read so much about everything that I think I reached saturation.

Watching another birth video is gonna make me faint and how is it gonna prapare me for when I'll have to do it?

Now, advice on how to handle a newborn that I can really use :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back