Antenatal classes - help!

emma_85

Reaction score
I saw my midwife yesterday for my 28 week check, she gave me the antenatal classes that will start on 2nd December for 4 weeks running from 10am-11am.

Now taking time off from work for me is not a problem, but my Husband will need to take 1/2 days off his holidays, meaning that it will end up being 2 days less that he can spend with the baby once he is born :shakehead:

Does anyone know whether the NHS do antenatal classes in the evenings and how I can find out about them? I have looked online but only private classes come up and they are pricey :roll:

Thanks in advance x x x

Have you looked at childrens centres? They do sessions in our area at weekends x

Is it possible for him to do some over time, work through some lunch hours to make up the time instead? Might be worth talking to his boss or personel manager?

Have you looked at childrens centres? They do sessions in our area at weekends x

I did call my local children's centre, and I'm waiting for someone to get back to me - fingers crossed!

Is it possible for him to do some over time, work through some lunch hours to make up the time instead? Might be worth talking to his boss or personel manager?

Unfortunately not :roll: He already works through his lunch hour most days! He has spoken to his manager and they have agreed to let him have the half days off, but he has to either take it as holidays or unpaid leave :wall2:

my local childrens centres run them in evenings and weekends so there the ones me n hubby have been going too, also ur local hospital will run them too (or ours does anyway) that are free too,

as to him having to take A/L might be worth looking on directgovs website (my new best friend,lol) to check if he is aloud to go without taking hols cos its for baby

good luck

xxx

Some places may do a one day course as well, we had the same problem as you, my OH couldn't get the regular time off for the classes so we went in one Sunday and did it all in one go, it was great fun :D

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back