active birth classes?

katiee24

Reaction score
i was wondering have an of you ladies tried these? i dont mean antenatal classes.. i mean the classes that teach you how to breathe and what position is good in labour and stuff? my midwife booked me & my mother in law to do them but im not sure what to expect

we only had workshops here nothing like a course, they just talk you though how to do them. We all sat in a circle and they talked you through and you could ask questions they should you pics and stuff. Thats about it. But I did sign up for an NCT class which was more more informative but expensive and I wasnt too sure about some of them in the class. I still have friends from there now 2 yrs on
They dont do the workshops here anymore though x

i went to 1 anenatal class when i was pregnant with my ds which was a week before my due date, i found it quite boring. i had read so many magazines and books that i think i could have run the class lol, the questions some of the mums to be asked WTF did they not read up on anything.

but would be quite interested in the active bith classes, did your mw suggest them or did you have to find out for yourself, can OH's go with you too?

my midwife suggested me through to a worker whos does all sort of pregnancy classes just around the corner so she then reffered me to the classes, unfortunately OH cant go! :( was abit naffed off with that. Couldnt understand why because without being funny hes the dad, he helped make this baby & he will be there for birth so you would of thought that he could learn teqhniques to help me :/ ask your midwife she should be able to help you :)

I have finished my ante natal class course & on the last week we had a class with the physio midwife she went through lots of stuff from positions during labour, breathing techniques & pelvic floor & stomach exercises also got loads of hand outs with everything we discussed in there it was quite helpful but I think when your in labour everything she said will go out the window!!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back