Another stab through the heart!

Titch85

Reaction score
I posted a little while ago about a friend who had decided to start TTC (http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/trying-to-conceive/339838-friends-ttc.html). Since then that's all she talks about, she even wanted me to go and put a deposit down on a pram with her last week!

Anyway, she text me just now asking if I can go to Boots with her tomorrow because she thinks she's pregnant! I want to be happy for her, but all I want to do is cry.

I take the right vitamins, try to eat healthily, avoid things I shouldn't have, monitor my cycle etc etc and it's got me nowhere so far.

Her bloke is over 50 years old (she's 26), they're both big smokers and drinkers, she's only been off the injection for a month! :wall2:

Last edited:
Don't go if you don't want to!

She shoudn't really be broadcasting stuff like that to people other than her OH anyway as she could be wrong, or it would also be very early days!

I had a close friend calling me to tell me about her 12 week scan, then texting the the photo yesterday - is so hard, but I just had to suck it up and be enthusiastic and happy for her!

We all know how you feel lady!

Chin up!

xxx

We do indeed, my friend at work who knows what I am going through with ttc had her own issues last year and no one could talk about babies or pregnancy around her without her getting very upset, she's now 17 weeks and talks to me and asks me endless questions about pregnancy all day at work, she seems to have forgotten how it feels. Of course I'm pleased for her but I find it very hard watching her bump grow week by week xxx

Titch, I'm sure she's freaking out about all the symptoms we ALL thought we had the first month ttc that never meant anything.... Don't let it get you down! xx

Big hug lovie . I understand the frustrations as bethyboo said she probably just having withdrawl symptoms I had all preg symptoms when I came.off jab my boobs swelled like where hot and veiny I had cramps spotting etc maybe shes had the same xxx

Bless ya twitch ur if I. Honest it's highly unlikely she's pregnant if she's only just come off the injection more like she isn't getting an af so thinks she's preg but that's what happens when u come off the I mention and bc I will be very very shocked if she is preg il say that, don't go tell her to bugger off bless ya xx

My best friend just decided to ttc and I was looking forward to being able to talk to her about it once she understood how it takes over your life, but her hubby is really annoyed that she mentioned it to me so now she's pretending they're putting it on hold for a bit when I know she's starting now lol. I bet she gets a bfp first month like my other best friend did. Il be soooo happy for her and will love her baby too, but she is really not ready at all and screamed "eww!" last week when she saw a friends baby drop a crisp on a clean blanket then pick it up again to eat it. I think she'll really struggle and has no idea what it'll be like. She keeps saying "ooh I can't wait to see more of you when I give up work" etc :(

As others have said, she might not even be pg! It is hard when everyone around you seems to catch easily and you don't. Take heart that it will happen for you one day x

The friend I mentioned text me today saying her period is late and she's testing tmoro! Bloody hell if it's a bfp I'll scream lol, partly with excitement, partly because they only "slipped up" once, and weren't even supposed to be trying. Have you been with your friend today? At least if u did cry she would understand to be more sensitive about it from now on. When you get your bfp you will appreciate it so much more. It'll be an extra special baby because of all the emotions you put into making it xxx

No I made up an excuse and didn't go. She text me saying she'd tested and it was negative, with lots of crying faces. I don't know whether to be honest with her and tell her how I feel or just keep my mouth shut? You know, just tactfully say I want to be supportive but I find it difficult sometimes as it's taking us so long, some days I am more sensitive to it than other days? What do you guys think?

its possible that she might not even realise that it could upset you. she may thing that shes found someone who she can share things with anf not even think about the negative aspect,

id try anf tactfully tell her, maybe not right now... let her get the first cycle over with and then if shes still like this next month be honest with her in a gentle kind of way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back