Another question ...!

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
Sorry I'm full of them today!!

So I know your not meant to sleep on your back but I still do as it's the only way to get comfy!! I know lying on your left is meant to help baby get in the right position but if I lie on my left, my ribs are agony and on my right they hurt but not as much so I tend to sleep on my back! Will little man still stay in position if I'm on my back? I also notice my bump clicks more when I'm on my back! Very strange!

I used to find lying on my side the comfiest position, but as my pregnancy has progressed and bump has got bigger I find it most comfortable to sleep on my back now.

I try my hardest not to sleep on my back but invariably I will end up on it! I don't think they're likely to shift now if you've been sleeping like that all this time x Seb has been in the same position since 34 weeks!

I used to find sleeping on my side comfist too but my ribs are getting so sore now! I can't even sit on the sofa for 10 mins without the pain getting unbearable and even leaning over my ball is starting to hurt! Im having serious words with my mw next week about this cos it's agony oh and little man will be getting words too lol

i asked my midwife yesterday about lying on your back in sleeping, she said the reason why they say not to is because some blood vessels get squished when you lie on your back so could be why bubs is kicking more.
I personally love lying on my back and my right side - left is uncomfortable i think! x

I thought it would harm us more! That's fine then, I'm staying on my back! Lol

im only comfy on my right.. i cant lay on my back, my tummy is so heavy it feels like everything get pressed down in my back i hate it! left is uncomfy aswell.. i wouldnt worry, its more important that we get sleep and we all move around a little when were sleeping anyway x

As lexi said, it is something to do with an artery or vessel that will make you feel dizzy/unwell if you squash it. if you are comfy tho, i dont see the problem.

i often go onto my back for a while thru the night but always wedge a pillow under one side just so im not flat on it

I lay on my side (not comfortable may i add) but always wake up for the loo or the morning on my back, which i find at the moment the most comfortable way to sleep.

Have to admit the last few night i have felt a little dizzy when i have got up to go to the loo. OOOPPPPSSSS.

I'm most comfy on my back too, my pregnancy book says that if it is pressing on the blood vessels we will wake up or roll over automatically so if its comfortable should be okay.

My midwife said lie whatever way is most comfy for you. If you squash a blood vessel, your body will soon alert you to the fact and make you roll over.

I can't lie on my left. The baby goes absolutely mental with me for some reason and starts kicking the sh*t out of me big time.

Right hand side is my preferred option at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back