Sleeping?

dollface79

Reaction score
I am finding it impossible to get to sleep because i simply can not find a comfy position :( If i lie on my left or right side the baby goes mental and kicks the crap out of me till i move... if i lie on my back after about 10 minutes my back starts to hurt...so so so badly :(

No matter how i lie it's just not comfy... i'm now sat on the sofa cuddling the kitten sulking that i'm beyond knackered and cant do anything about it! I would actually cry but the kitten does not appreciate being used as a hanky.

Baby goes through phases of kicking me when I sleep on either side too. Have to tried stuffing a pillow under your right hip? That way you're not laying flat on your back, or on your side.

Good luck tonight hun!

I have been suffering from this also. On one of the nights I couldn't sleep I decided to google it and found some things to try. I am still not totally comfortable but its better.

1. pillow just under bump - stopped the kicking for me when lying on side (find a small cushion otherwise you end up taking up whole bed lol)
2. only have 2 pillows under your head - helps to keep spine aligned to stop back ache - keeps me more balanced so again helped with kicking.
3. Pillow between legs - helped with pelvic aches for me.
4. Pillow behind me just tucked under my hips to support back and again align me correctly so I am not squishing bump. Also this is good for turning on back in the middle of the might so give your side a rest.

My OH was complaining that I took up the whole bed and was moving all night long - this did not help as then I was trying not to fidget as not to wake him. When I told him this he was quick to appologise and hasn't complained since haha.

One other thing - if you have tried getting back to sleep for more than half hour just get up and do something, I have found if I did this an hour later I could sleep again which is better than lying in bed all night getting annoyed about not being able to sleep.

Could have written this myself! I just can't get comfy ive got one long pregnancy pillow which I have between my legs and under the bump and a V shaped on which I kinda hug. Last night I just got comfy and OH started to snore, I could have screamed! x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

I bought a maternity pillow - bliss! Still get the odd night of uncomfort, but really does make a difference xx

I agree with the other ladies, I have a genie pillow, its a long pillow with an extra part at the top to support your back. I find lying on my right side with my left leg on the pillow and hugging the top of it, a lot more comfortable. However, it does tend to make me hotter in bed, even though I'm finding that I'm hotter anyway lol x x

I have a huge body pillow and an extra normal pillow that I use to prop my pelvis even higher when I am laying on my side...
I can't sleep on my left side as the baby starts kicking me non stop so mostly I settle on my right side and it's just fine.
I had this huge pillow since 8 weeks :roll:
Me thinks I will keep it even after bubs is here :blush:

I'm with the others on the pregnancy pillow, I have a dreamgenii and have been sleeping much better since I had it xx

Me too! I bought a massive V shaped body length pillow from ebay, for about £30.. Best £30 I've ever spent! Cannot sleep without it! xx

I got my v-shape pillow from Dunelm Mill for £9.99, brilliant and perfect size xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back