• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

another newbie

Nyah

Reaction score
Hi ladies :wave: nice to meet you all..have been having a good old read and glad to find so much knowledge.

Well my story to date is me and my other half decided to try for a baby after I had a few problems down below but all tests came back fine so being 33 we thought now is the time. I stopped taking the pill (cerazette) 23.04.11 and have since been ttc

Since i stopped taking the pill all sorts of oddities are happening but i am just putting it down to coming off the pill but in the last 2 days things are getting odder - although its now day 15 of trying (every other night) is it too early to take a test? I have absolutly know idea when I am due to get my period as they have completely stopped for the last 4 years and although i am sort of getting symptoms of AF it doesn't appear to be appearing - half of me wants it too so I can get back on track and the other half doesn't but I have heard some terrible stories with coming of cerazette that is can take between 3 months and a year to get your cycle back into routine! though on a more positive side ive heard some good tales too.

So my current symptoms are...cramping pains but these are mild and its a tugging/dragging feeling, not like i remember (although I was lucky and never really suffered though my AF)..my boobs were sore for a few days but that's gone again..most recent tho the last couple of days my lower backs been killing and im waking up in the morning with the most terrible wind and ive got the squits/trots (tmi) - like I said these are more likely coming of my pill issues but I am just about to order some cheapy tests from ebay anyway (are these any good?, they say they are but i guess they all do!) and am going to test soon tho I will leave it a few more days, but for me its going to be a guessing game for a while - does anyone know if an ov kit will work for me yet or do i need to wait for my next cycle?

I can see how this ttc stuff can be quite expensive and make you very impatient :lol:

p.s - am not too good with the abbreviations yet tho I am getting there slowly but surly - I am very new to this ttc stuff so am excited and nervous and unsure of what to be doing apart from the obvious :bd:

good luck to you all xXx

Hi sweet! I'm new to this site too. But all the girls are really helpful. I can't help as I'm learning myself. I'm 31 and been on the pill for eternity so hoping it comes out of my system quick in the next few months!! Just had a scare thinking I was preg but I'm not!!!
Wishing you lots of luck xx

Hiya Nyah and welcome to the forum :)

I remember quite a few girls feeling overwhelmed with "symptoms" after coming of the pill, so deep breath and maybe detach yourself a little - even if it can be really exciting :good:

You never though, we do have the occasional lucky sod who catches first time ;)

The cheapy HPTs are decent enough imo, if you follow the instructions to the letter because they can throw up quite a lot of evaps.

Don't know about the cheapy OPKs :)

Hey and welcome. I came off the pill end of Jan and cycles and AF is still all over the place. I am THE MOST impatient person every so its hard to know whats going on but give your body time to adjust.

Fingers crossed for your BFP! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back