Newbie - Guidance

Lollibobs

Reaction score
Hi All

I am new to all of this and wondered if someone could give me a bit of guidance.

I have been on the contrceptive pill for 3-years, however, came off it 3-months ago and having been TTC now since then, first AF came, and had a 2nd one too, this month I am now 1 day late, haven't texted yet - as I don't want to do it too early and be disappointed.

I had 3 - 4 days, where when I was wiping I had a browny / pink slimy discharge?? I also have a dull aching pain in my tum, are these signs??

Hi There,

Firstly congrats on TTC, and welcome to the forum.

I am in a similar situation, i have recently come off the pill. i too had some pinky discharge a week ago... i am waiting to test also.

The discharge could be implantation bleed, where the fertilised egg is burrowing into your womb lining, and therefore could be a sign of pregnancy... the cramps could also be a sign.

however, i would say that after coming off the pill it can take a while for your body to get back to normal. I know women who bleed in small amounts and had regular periods after coming off the pill... and the cramps could just be period pains... it is so hard to tell!!

I am going to be testing next week, still trying to find out how long my cycle is!

However, if i were you, i would test... let us know how it goes!

Thanx for the welcome.

It is really hard to tell and with just coming off the Pill it's hard to tell exactly what the bod is doing :( nightmare!

I am not getting excited, I have a feeling it could me AF coming.

How long would you recommmend waiting before testing if it doesn't come?

Hiya,

Umm, well, if it was me i would test the day AF was supposed to arrive.... but thats becuase I am sooo impatient!!!!!! Perhaps you could buy a first response test, they can detect the hormone in your body up to 4 days before your period is due.... so if you test on the day you are expecting your AF, it could be pretty accurate!

I would say, test.... but dont get too down if it is BFN.... the hormone just might not have been detected... perhaps wait another day or so and test again....

You are right, it could be your period, but who knows?

Are you tracking your ovulation at all?

Lots of baby dust coming your way hun!

:hug:

Morning

Well I still haven't AF, I haven't tested this morning, too scared, and I think deep down I know it will be on it's way (AF)... ...

Partner wants me to to test in the morning though :( so nervous!! xxxx

:wave: Hi and welcome. I must admit it does sound like an implantation bleed that you had. I know it's nerve wracking but if your already late for your AF I would test and see. Good luck and keep us posted.xx

Well I bought the test, just need to go through with actually doing it.

I have only been off the Pill 3-months sp trying not to get too excited as it can take a while - I have heard. I have had 2 AF since though, so I'm hoping my bod is back to normal xxx

Hi Freepie

Well I tested & got a BFN :(

Never mind, let me know how you get on, got my fingers crossed for you :hug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94