Another early scan question for those who had them

Annie050408

Reaction score
Last Monday my doctor said she would refer me to EPU for a scan in the first week of Sept which I'm assuming is this week coming or next week. Should I expect a letter from EPU or a call? How soon did you get your appointment through? I thought I'd have heard something by now but don't want to bug my doctor.

Do you need a referral or can you contact your EPU yourself and explain your situation and see if they can see you asap?
I had a couple of early scans at my EPU. The first time I was referred by my doctor as I'd started bleeding and the second time I called them myself because I was bleeding again. I got seen the same day the first time and the second time I rang on the Saturday and was given an appointment for the following Tuesday.
If you have to have to have a referral I would def bug your doctor about it just to put your mind at rest. x

I contacted my epu directly when I found out I was pregnant, they offered an early scan because of the previous mc so my appointment had nothing to do with my gp. I suggest you give them a call x

Unfortunately the hospital has a GP/A&E referral only policy :(

Last edited:
Ring your doctors and ask if the referral has been sent? I still haven't got my letter but my mw rang me back and told me the time and date after I got in touch with the doctors xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back