Another baby sling question

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Kylie1007, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Kylie1007

Kylie1007 Well-Known Member

Which baby sling have you got and how do you get on breastfeeding whilst wearing it?

2. erin

erin Well-Known Member

I've got the mothercare sling carrier and today I made my first attempt to breastfeed Maya whilst wearing it - wasn't so successful though :( I was now checking on ebay for a fleece pouch, a friend of mine has it and I borrowed it one day and I found it very comfortable (didn't try to breastfeed her in it though - however I think it will be easier with that one). Which one have you got?

3. Kylie1007

I've also got the MC carrier - the brown furry one. He's screamed the place down when I put him in it! guess it takes practice! Haven't really used it at all though

4. lauramumof2

lauramumof2 Well-Known Member

I had a coorie pouch, the fleecy type. It was very comfy and though I didnt bf I could see how it would be easy to do so.

Laura

5. lisa&alex

lisa&alex Well-Known Member

i also have a pouch.. its brightsparks one.. and u can cover your breast with it as well as feed..i got a linen one tho as fleece can get a bit warm

6. lauramumof2

I loved my brightsparks one but your right fleece did get warm and Joe was a summer baby. I have a childs version for jess to take her rabbits around in.

Lisa, what colour is yours?

7. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

I got one of these...

Clicky

It allows you to breast feed while on the move...

I chose this for several reasons...

1) its not padded etc so I can use it in Spain during the summer, gets a tad tosty here.. :rotfl:

2) I got it in black to match all my clothes so that people won't notice what I am doing because breast feeding in public is still heavily frowned upon.... Personally I don't care, and will bf'd in public, but I'd rather people not freak out...

3) it was cheap and lasts till they are three...

I had something similar with Tia and it made bf'ing out and about really easy... :)

8. Kylie1007

Thanks - I ordered one so we'll have to see how we get on. You never know, I might splash out the fiver for the pattern and make my own!

9. lisa&alex

lisa&alex Well-Known Member

i have blue stripy linen one.. not used it yet tho obviously.. well tried out with charl dolly lol..

10. Kylie1007

My sling has been posted! Can't wait to try it out!

11. lauramumof2

Yeah, the stripey coorie was a tad conspicous. If I get another coorie for this baby I will get black or try black in the one you had.