Annoying! Measuring a day behind!

SiameseCatLady

Reaction score
Had a scan at 18+3 yesterday.
Measured a day behind, I think based on thigh bone length?
She said nothing to worry about, but I am annoyed! I had stayed the same pretty much throughout! At this point, going anywhere near backwards gets me going! Haha.
Anybody had a similar thing and all bern normal?!
I am so silly, I know! It's a day! I am even so silly that I am thinking about putting my apps all back a day too! :wall2:
Feel free to tell me how silly I am!

I don't think you are!! I've got my 2nd scan next week when I should be 19+1, I'll be the same if they put me back too!!

I wouldn't worry about it, the whole point of a dating scan at 12 weeks is to give you your 'estimated' due date, it will fluctuate throughout pregnancy.
The midwife at my dating scan made sure to point out that it's only an estimate and can be two weeks before or two weeks after so it's a pretty big range! Try not to fret xx

Everything is estimated. So yes pls dnt worry and yes ur silly haha!

Even if you measured spot on all the way through that doesnt't mean your baby would be born on your due date.

Both of my babies were measuring bigger than 'average' on their scans which could of meant i was 'due' a gd week before my EDD.. DS1 was 10 days late! Im already assuming his brother will follow suit!

Yours is literally a day. Means nothing hun. Babies grow at diff rates too, u could have a big growth spurt ina few weeks and if u were to have another scan may find ur ahead of ur 'edd'

I really wouldnt fixate on ur due date cos 9/10 baby will Not arrive on that date xxx

Last edited:
It would definitely annoy me being put back! But I only have once on an early scan they said I was 4 weeks when I thought I was 6 weeks it did my head in until my 12 week scan cause I knew they was wrong by my period! My scan was meant to be 11+1 they put me forward again to 13+1 like I said I was! With my previous pregnancies I was put forward by a lot, I went in for my 12 week scan for my oldest she ended up being 21 weeks! And my second went for an 'early' scan she turned out to be 18 weeks!

My measurements and dates have changed at all 3 scans I've had 1 NHS and 2 private and the NHS one the sonographer got 2 completely different measurements! I wouldn't worry about it! :)

Don't worry she said the femur was measuring 5 days ahead at my scan compared to the rest of her body. She joked that she had long legs to which my DH commented that she obviously didn't take after him and I joked well I wasn't going to tell you...but...no one else laughed except me and DH! X

Thanks, ladies.
I have calmed down a bit now after being in hospital all day with heart palpitations.... Not a way that usually calms me down, but apparently I am ok, so fingers crossed I'll start breathing properly again soon!
Good to hear all of above.
My 20 weeks scan is in a couple of weeks, so hoping we're doing ok then too. Got rubbish photos from private scan this time which is disappointing. My head keeps saying, they're bad photos as something was wrong, but she would have to tell me if there was something wrong wouldn't they?!
Thanks again.
I often need someone to just shake me and say, "You are being stupid! Stop!"
SCL xxx

It would definitely annoy me being put back! But I only have once on an early scan they said I was 4 weeks when I thought I was 6 weeks it did my head in until my 12 week scan cause I knew they was wrong by my period! My scan was meant to be 11+1 they put me forward again to 13+1 like I said I was! With my previous pregnancies I was put forward by a lot, I went in for my 12 week scan for my oldest she ended up being 21 weeks! And my second went for an 'early' scan she turned out to be 18 weeks!

Wow - early scan and being 18 weeks... That must be a shocker and a half!
Wow!
Xxx

Don't worry she said the femur was measuring 5 days ahead at my scan compared to the rest of her body. She joked that she had long legs to which my DH commented that she obviously didn't take after him and I joked well I wasn't going to tell you...but...no one else laughed except me and DH! X

Haha. I thought it was funny that it was the the thigh bone as my hubby has t-Rex arms and legs! Haha. Xxx

Wow - early scan and being 18 weeks... That must be a shocker and a half!
Wow!
Xxx

And going in for my 12 week one and being 21 weeks! Lol I'd not found out long I was pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back