Angel Maria Birth Story :D

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Daddy is currently looking after our beautiful little girl so I’m taking the opportunity to write down my labour story. Just to pre warn you it was a scary labour/delivery so please don’t read if you’re frightened easily even though what happened is common. Here goes…

So as many of you know I went in on Wednesday 9th November to be in induced and I was one week over my due date. Was feeling quite nervous as I didn’t know what to expect and I was kinda hoping I wouldn’t need it as the day before I’d lost my plug and was getting contractions. So before the first gel I was put on the CTG and she examined me to find I was only 1cm dilated. So I had the first gel at around 4.30pm and she said it’s most likely I’ll need the second at 10pm. When she put the gel in I felt a horrible burning sensation, not very pleasant!! I asked her if this was normal and she said no and told me to keep an eye on it and to tell her if it got worse. It eventually stopped after an hour and I thought nothing of it. By about 6pm I think I started getting contractions and they were really close together and getting really painful, I thought it was a bit strange I was getting them this quickly but I wasn’t complaining as I really wanted to get it moving lol. The midwife looking after me kept me on the monitor as the baby wasn’t moving much but her heartbeat was ok and to keep an eye on my contractions which were still thick and fast. She called the doctor in because she thought I looked ‘flushed’ so they put me on a drip to keep my fluids up. I can’t remember what time I was examined next but what I do know is that the contractions were still regular and very painful at this point but I was still only 1cm so I was really frustrated. I thought it was really strange I’d been getting these painful regular contractions and nothing had progressed. Me and OH went for a walk around and it did help. I thought it was gonna be a very long slow night so I sent him home at 11pm to get some rest. At 12.30am my waters broke which is good because I wouldn’t have to have them broken when I eventually went to labour ward. At 3.45am I was contracting every 2-4 mins and it was absolute agony – I felt sorry for the other women on my ward as I was making some weird noises and pacing around!! I said the midwife I need gas and air and I need it now lol, she examined me I was 2-3cm YAY so she checked with delivery suite and off I went :D

When I got to labour ward I called OH back which was about 4am. I couldn’t keep still enough for them to continue the CTG so I was given gas and air which didn’t help and made me vomit several times, nice L I had planned to use gas and air only but nobody prepared me for just how painful contractions are and I was screaming for an epidural within minutes. The midwives were absolutely lovely and got the bloke down straight away. Epidural didn’t hurt but it was so hard to stay still when I was in that much pain. Once that kicked in the contractions slowed right down so I was put on a Syntocion (?) drip to speed them up again. The baby wasn’t moving much at all so the midwives kept telling me turn on my left and my right every few minutes which seemed to wake her up. I sent OH to go and get some breakfast because it was gonna be a long day and everything was ok at the moment. Then, at 8.45am they asked me to turn again onto my right side, as soon as I did this the CTG monitor started going crazy and I saw the babys heartbeat dropped to 55 when the baseline was about 140-150. The midwife got a Doppler out and couldn’t find the heartbeat at all so rushed out to get a doctor. He examined me to find I was still only 2-3cm – I’d made no progress at all. I started having a panic attack at this point and the doctors (there were about 3 in the room at this point) asked my permission to perform a c-section immediately. He then decided I had to have a general anesthetic because I was sending my pulse through the roof. My poor OH had no idea what had happened and came back from his breakfast just in time to see me wheeled away.

Angel was born at 9.06am and was given to my OH after she was cleaned. She had the cord wrapped round her neck which is why her heartbeat dropped so suddenly. I came round at 10.05am and the first thing I asked was where is she? When the doc said "she's got a full head of hair and shes with your husband" I literally balled my eyes out. I was still crying when I came out and saw my OH standing holding her. He gave her to me and I instantly said Angel :D She is absolutely perfect and it feels amazing to be her mummy and to finally have her out :D I really hope my story doesn't scare anybody.

I thought it'd be a good idea to put a pic of my body before, during and after the pregnancy just to see how much it'd changed and I've included some pics of my gorgeous little Angel <3 love her sooo much.

Sorry for the looooooooong story and thanks to anyone whose managed to read this far haha :p

36645_10150222205265657_523945656_13422169_8210142_n.jpg

313528_10150867898995657_523945656_21270215_1276227372_n.jpg

302643_10150405407839642_808039641_8246316_1305602666_n.jpg

386793_10150974694970657_523945656_21948971_180075095_n.jpg

307125_10150394208304642_808039641_8206776_1610291779_n.jpg

297036_10150971110995657_523945656_21937503_1838803489_n.jpg

Wow made me well up reading your story how awful for you, but glad all turned out ok in the end and shes beautiful!! XXXXX

Congratulations hun xx aaww she has so much hair! x

She is beautiful - your story made me well up too - hope you are recovering well x

What a beauty.
Seems you had a rough time but least your little girl is safe and healthy :) x

Awwww made me well up too. Especially having been through labour twice already you dont realise how easy you had it till you read a story like yours. She is indeed an angel and absolutely beautiful xx

Congratulations, shes gorgeous! x x x

Sorry you had a hard time Hun, glad your both well now she's Beautifull congratulations xx

She is just gorgeous and ur such a trooper having to deal with a labour like that xx

Congratulations! Sorry it was a difficult labour but well done! Angel is very cute :)

ah honey that was lovely made me cry x x love the name was what i was going to call my daughter but her dad didnt agree lol

so glad it all went well in the end x x

She is beautiful! it made me well up too.

Glad all is ok though

xx

Congrats Hun she is beautiful !! Sorry u had a rough time but sounds like u coped amazing xxx

Awww your story brought a tear to my eye! You must have been so scared. So pleased everything ended well and your little Angel is ok, she's gorgeous, congratulations xx. Wishing you a speedy recovery too xx

aww congratulation hun! That wasn't a very easy labour, but all went well and you have such a wonderful baby girl now! Well done :) hope you get back in shape very fast - you had such a lovely pre-pregnant body!

xx

Congratulations hun, sorry you had such a horrible time but she's is so gorgeous :love: xx

Congratulations she's beautiful x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back