Amniotic Fluid around baby..

Anna Marie

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was so excited to be joining you guys here in the 3rd Trimester but had a scan at the hospital yesterday that has upset me quite a bit...

The sonographer told me that there is not enough Amniotic Fluid around the baby and when she did all the measurements it now seems that her growth has slowed down alot since the last scan 3 weeks ago. I saw my consultant afterwards and he is concerned and wants to scan me again next week but said there is nothing that I may have done or can do to change things.. just have to hope that she has a little growth spurt soon to catch up. :? :?

Then to make matters worse it turns out I have another UTI.. that makes my 4th infection so far and now my consultant wants to put me on antibiotics for the rest of my pregnancy to prevent the UTI's coming back and causing problems for the baby... :(

I am so down about it all today.. I was feeling so positive about it all and now I am really worried about my LO.

Sorry to burden you all.. This should have been a happy first posting here on the 3rd Tri!!

xx

oh petal sorry to hear your bad news!

i dont know anything about fluid etc but just wanted to let you know i was thinking of you!

hope all goes well xxxxxxxxxxxx

awww hun i dont know either but i hope everything works out ok for u XxXx

Thanks girls!!

Dionne that link was really useful.. scary but interesting .. thanks everso.

I think I will just have to hope that LO catches up a bit before next week's scan and the fluid increases again. Hate that I am now worrying so much again after saying last week that I was finally enjoying pregnancy and feeling positive.. its just not fair!! :cry:

x

Hi,

Sorry to hear your news.......take it easy, and don't worry i'm sure she will catch up in time!

Amy xx

Hiya Anna Marie

Sorry to hear the scan wasnt quite how you expected it. Im sure you will be monitored very closely now and you are in the best hands.

Are you having your 28 week growth scan next week aswell??

arrh anna marie i'm sorry your scan wasn't what you expected. Don't worry too much - i know thats a stupid thing to say! but i'm sure if the doctors where really worried they would keep you in... fingers crossed she has a growing spurt this week - keep your feet up and relax. Don't let this spoil your time being pregnant! this time next week everything could be back to normal...

thinking about you..

x

Oh anna-marie honey I am sure that she will have a growth spurt soon for you. You must do as the others have said and rest lots and look after that LO you are baking. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry too much your little girl will only sense it. Take care and ((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Xxx

Ps. Welcome to third tri :lol:

Thanks everso everyone, it really helps me stay calm having your support and reassurance!! know I shouldn't worry as there is not much I can do about it and have to trust my doctors but I suppose it is just another thing for me to be anxious about and I am so tired of being anxious!!

I soooo wanted to be getting excited and looking forward now I am in the final trimester - just a bit upsetting to have something like this hanging over heads.

LO is still moving quite a bit so as long as I can feel her I am OK - and if I don't feel her for couple of hours or so I poke her to wake her up and she kicks / pokes me back so that reassures me :wink:

Scan will be on Wednesday again so hopefully things will have improved a bit and if not my doc will have to come up with some good answers to our questions as OH will be coming with me and he will not just sit quietly i am sure!!!

Eveadel I think the scan I had this week was my growth scan.. they filled out all the graphs on my notes - next weeks scan is to follow up to see if LO has grown and to check on the AFI [Amniotic Fluid Index] all hoping for an improvement all round!!

my sister had exactly the same experience as you.

They monitored her closely and she had to have lots of scans in late pregnancy.

She had her little girl nearly 2 weeks ago, 10 days overdue weighing 6lb 12 oz.

The main thing is that they are keeping a close eye on you.

I'm sure one week they were concerned about the low levels of amniotic fluid and on the next visit, they had gone up.

Try and be assured that you will be monitored closely, it's so hard not to worry though. Especially when we're nearly there now.

Thanks Bagpuss.. that's reassuring to know - glad to hear your sister and her little girl are fine... it is such a worry but like everyone says we just have to hope that by keeping an eye on me and LO they will do what they can to ensure all is well when it matters!

Fingers X'd that at next week's scan I will be told that the AFI is Ok again.

x

how are you feeling today.. it made me smile when you said you give your little one a poke if she hasn't kicked you for a few hours.. i'm the same! they're probably wishing we'd leave them alone.. maybe this is why we get sleepless nights when they're here!!!! it's their turn to wake us up... Good luck on wednesday - i'm sure you wont need it... hope the rain all weekend has kept you in and relaxing...

x

Hi All,

Thanks for the well wishes.. I am actually getting really nervous about Wednesday already.... I just hope that it was a blip and that the fluid levels are back up again but I am reassured by the posts on here and friends of friends who have had similar experiences during preg.. they all went on to have normal healthy sized babies.. so fingers Xd!!

Hayley yes the rain really depressed me this weekend.. I ended up doing chores which my OH got annoyed about as I am under orders to take it easy but OH was away all w/e and my 3 cats were in and out all day and night leaving muddy paw mark trails all over the place so I had to get busy!!

LO is still moving around so hopefully all is still well in there!! I keep looking at my bump and wishing it to grow as the more amniotic fluid you have the larger the bump!!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back