Polyhydramnios - excess amniotic fluid

With my polyhydramnios it was just how I carried my son. My diabetes results were normal and baby was within normal range of growth, I just had excess fluid, alot of it lol

This time I'm worried it will happen again as, although they allow 2cm either way when measuring uterus, I'm only 22 weeks but already 2cm ahead!!

The consultant I saw back in January about having a vbac said he can't rule out the polyhydramnios happening again as some peoples bodies just deal with pregnancy in certain ways, so mine might be to carry alot of fluid. I carry very big, I look 6/7 months pregnant instead of 5!

Also, I thought babies do swallow the fluid? They need to don't they??

Also, don't let doctors/nurses scare you, they have to prepare you for every eventuality.

I'm sure you and LO will be monitored very closely and everything they do is to gaurantee that baby arrives safe and well hun.

xxxxx

i seemed to get huge early on...but my mum has just said that i look less huge now and just more normal for 37 weeks....i also think its just the way i carry the baby and the excess fluid is just one of those things....

it is scary though...but as you say...they tell you everything that could be wrong and do all the tests to rule things out....but it is scary times..xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back