High levels of amniotic fluid

neil16781

Reaction score
My partner went for a scan on Tuesday and was told that she has high levels of amniotic fluid, 93mm (apparently the normal amount is between 20mm and 80mm) The doctor said it was ok as she is Diabetic so it's not totally unexpected but it's really worried us, is there any way to reduce it and are there any risks to the baby or my partner?
I did ask the doctor but all he said was not to worry

many thanks
Neil

im not 100% sure but i think Dionne (a member on here) had this in her pregnancies. She had both babys 5 weeks early as a result i believe.

Sorry to hear the doctor didn't give you the answers you asked for.....I cannot offer any info on this either I'm afraid, but hopefully someone will be around shortly who may be able to help :hug:

Hi with my 2nd child i had 82mm of fluid so not as much as your wife. i was very big and was told if my waters break then to go straight to the hospital as there is a good chance of the cord coming with the waters.

i did have my son early 5 weeks.

there is a way of reducing the water but there are risks to it.
i was in bad pain with how big i was getting and i was told that once i was fullterm they would MAYBE of considered inducing me.

my daughter was 5 weeks early too but i dont no if i had a jigh level of fluid as it was never checked. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back