Am i wrong to say im a mum?

Slinky Sarah

Reaction score
I know iv said this a few times but i still get the impression people think im stupid (not on here).
Is it wrong to say that im a mummy? I know my baby isnt with me and was only 9 weeks when he left but does that make me less of a mummy?
Iv been dealing with things alot better recently...i feel iv had a little closure in a way now my due date has past. Yes i should have a baby who should be a little over a week old but its kinda like im able to move on a bit now...Sorry if that sounds totally harsh.
I said it to my OH the other day when we were on about him already being a daddy...and i said well i am already a mummy too. He never flinched or anything and said 'yes you are' And just hugged me for a long time :) so im pretty sure he understand how i feel.
Sorry for going off on one, just wondered what your view are on this....

if people ask if you have children hun do u say yes? just curious not quite understanding the question :oops:

sorry hun im just kinda rambling a little.
No one has asked me tbh and im not sure how to answer it if someone did....
just really wondered what everyone else thought...you know having angel babies and classes themselfs as mums...

If someone asked me how many children I have I would say 2. Of course I have had three pregnancys but I feel my angel baby is for me.

I understand where you are coming from and between you and dh It would be fine to talk like that but I dont think it would be a good idea to come out with it in public. :hug: :hug: But I do know what you mean though others might not be so understanding outwith the forum.

thanks im glad you know what im getting at through the rambling lol.
I see what tyou mean about your angel being for you. Its not as if i have pics of my angel as *proof* if you know what i mean...
My angel will always be my first child but like you say others wont see it that way....

yeah i think its right in saying that i think everyone has their own views on it if anyone asks me which i have been asked before i say i have 2 beautiful girls watching over me from above then everyone is quiet and walks away i dont mind through i know im a mummy all the way through and i think all of you girls here too are fab mummys to our angels :hug: :hug:

I haven't really mentioned this before on here, but I lost a baby 12 years ago. Daniel is my second baby.
My close friends know about my other baby, but at times I still find it quite difficult.

Ok, now the wacky part!
I once spoke to a medium who knew absolutely nothing about me. She told me that a man was looking after me and she named my grandad who didn't have a common name. She told me that he had a little girl with him who had blonde hair that had passed over.

Now I was extremely close to my grandad and he died when I was 7, he died on the 3rd April. Guess when Dans due date is...3rd April.

These children of ours that have passed over are still around and I definately feel that we will see them again, we are still their mothers :hug:

thank you Tracy and Kazlin....its nice to know that others think about this and im not mad or in the wrong!

Kazlin im so sorry to hear that but i bet it was nice to hear that your little girl is at peace :) :hug: :hug:

Sarah&LJ said:
Kazlin im so sorry to hear that but i bet it was nice to hear that your little girl is at peace :) :hug: :hug:

It was a comfort I needed :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi,

I don't think you're mad in feeling like that at all.

I'm probably similar to Lauramummy. I will always privately regard my 3rd m/c baby as my 3rd child - it would have been his due date today. Some friends/ family know about the m/c, and some even know that we called the baby 'Babaloon' but really it is quite a private thing between my OH and I. I think I will always remember this date, and do a little something each year to mark it (it may sound very mad but we have a plant in memory of the baby; sometimes I even talk to it!)

Everyone has their own way of coping and I think yours sounds just fine so don't worry about what other people may think. :hug:

I would still regard you as a Mum, you still went through a part of pregnancy, you baby grew inside you but you didn't get to meet your baby. That still makes you a Mum in my eyes!!

Sorry if that sounded a bit blunt and I hope I don't offend you I didn't know how else to put it :(

Princess_Puddles said:
I would still regard you as a Mum, you still went through a part of pregnancy, you baby grew inside you but you didn't get to meet your baby. That still makes you a Mum in my eyes!!

Sorry if that sounded a bit blunt and I hope I don't offend you I didn't know how else to put it :(
No you havent offended me at all hun, im glad people can see it like i do tbh!
Its lovely knowing that even if some people close to me think that its not right that others think the same way i do :) thank you

emeraldsroses said:
Of course you're a mum. Just because your little one grew wings doesn't make you less of a mum. My husband had always said he was going to be a dad (father-to-be) when I was pregnant with our son, but the moment we got the confirmation he had passed away, he said he was a dad. He understood what it was like to be a parent and have experienced that time. He's a dad and will always be a dad, just like I'm a mum and will always be one. And you will always be a mum! Never forget that! :hug:

thank you that chocked me up a little that but in a nice way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back