Am i mad???

Yvonne

Reaction score
This might sound really really wierd.

As most of you know i was saying it's no more kids for me because of all the problems i have after birth.

I have my postnatal check tomorrow (Thursday) and i am going to speak to her about contraception. I am going to ask for something more secure than the pill, like the coil. But as i have been sat there thinking i am umming and aaahing about having another baby in a few years.

I know they can be removed without a problem but it would be far easier just to stop taking the pill.

Do you think it would be wise to have another baby with me having retained placenta twice, heavy bleeding, SPD and BP problems? Would a C section be a better option if i did want another one??

oh i don't know. :?

Sorry, i'm jibbering :roll:

so jack may not be the last

i would ask ur GP bout all that so u know the facts n u can decide wot to do

Well when i asked after having Amy they said it was just one of those things!! so i went into it thinking it may not happen......and it did.
My HV who used to be a midwife said it runs in the family!! :?

If they could guarantee that there was something they could do to stop it then i would do it over and over again. It's just alot to go through. :(

I'll ask and see what she says.

Thanks Sarah

if opting for a c section might help you avoid lots of the complications they will probably go ahead with it. lots of people have to have one due to complications.

aw i hope you can have another one without all these problems hun
xx

If you don't mind having the coil it sounds like a great option... my problem is I feel a bit funny about having it fitted and checked etc. With the pill I kind of feel I'm ODing on hormones so I am weighing up my options at the moment too.

I had a 3rd degree tear last time, and also can opt to have a C-section next time (if there is a next time) I do feel like I will probably go for the section as the chances of me tearing again and all the complications that go with it are a lot higher. I have healed nicely so wouldn't want to risk it.

If you don't mind the coil, I would go for it, as you would be on the pill for a few years and that can have a lot of side effects.

Hi Urchin,

I have been on the pill sine i was 15, i am now 24 and have only stopped taking it to try for my children, the problem with the pill is i forget to take it which results in us having to use condoms and i hate them!! (doesn't feel the same) so i want something i can do and forget about if you understand me.

I don't know if i could opt for a C section, it's not a medical problem is it?? but at least if they are inside me then they can make sure all the placenta is out. Thats what i think anyway. :wink:

Amy's mum said:
Hi Urchin,

I have been on the pill sine i was 15, i am now 24 and have only stopped taking it to try for my children, the problem with the pill is i forget to take it which results in us having to use condoms and i hate them!! (doesn't feel the same) so i want something i can do and forget about if you understand me.

I don't know if i could opt for a C section, it's not a medical problem is it?? but at least if they are inside me then they can make sure all the placenta is out. Thats what i think anyway. :wink:

Maybe ask your GP? I didn't know I could opt for one until about a month ago. It does sound like a medical problem, although I'm no expert.

I aksed about the coil and doc said ti can be removed very easily as soon as you want it out. There are two types, hormone and non-hormone. I will be having the non-hormone one fitted as extra hormones don't agree with my system. The pill turns me into mega-bitch :shock: :oops:

I think the coil is a good idea hun. Just make sure you ask them to triple check it's fitted properly - you can still get pg with the coil if it's not (my mum had my sister after having the coild and on the pill!).

Good luck with it - and I think it's nice you have started to consider maybe more :)

hehe yvonne...." thats it im not having any more!!!!! " :wink: :wink:
hehe!!!
the coil is a good idea, it can be removed easily and fertility returns quite quitely apparently!!
im useless with pills too, always forget! if i wasnt a wimp i would have the coil too!! lol

Am glad you have not said never....in regards to the c section I thinkt hat you should be entitled to one as you have a history of retained placenta. I am planning on getting the coil when I can be bothered to get it sorted. x

Well i have been for my post natal check, what a load of trash.
She checked Jack and that was it!!! I had to ask her about contraception!!!!

When i had Amy i was checked as well, and the doctor went into the ins and outs of a ducks rear end with questions but her today..... Waste of time.

I am going for the coil a week on monday, i am having the Marina coil, it's all pogesterone(SP).

Iasked her about the retained placenta and she said if you have had it once you will always have it!! It's areas of my womb that stop the placenta seperating apparently. So it has really put me off having another one. :(

Awww did you ask about opting for a C-section?

If I were you I'd do a lot of talking now:tell them you definitley want more later but are way too scared of what might happen. They can't let your medical issues stand in the way of you having more kids....Tell them you WILL have a C-section next time :)

Hi Urchin,

She said it was down to the consultant at the time as to what they want to do, she said that they might just be extra careful at birth and at least they would be more aware!!............... de ja vous, they said that when i was pregnant with Jack.

I know the C section is a major op compared to a D & C to clear me out after but it's the fact i have to leave my family and a new baby to go back into hospital and let them do the job they should have done at birth!! or spotted the problem at birth at least.

Does anyone know if you have to be put under to have the marina fitted????????

No, it's "uncomfortable" when they put it in (don't you just hate that expression) but you are not put under. My aunt has had the coil and she says it was fine being fitted.

oh good, thanks beanie.

She said i will have hormonal side effects for the first 4 months but nce it settles down it's fine :shock:

Ive watched many being fitted (student nurse) and no they dont give you an anethetic (sp)

oooooooh great steph cheers, what do they do then, is it the same as a smear but inserting something?

yea kind of, woman have said its not painful as such just uncomfortable, it only takes about 5/10 mins so over with quite quickly!! you will be fine, its a really reliable source of contraception and if i remember rightly you dont get periods with the mirina?! or maybe really light bleeding instead!

Yeah apparently you only get spotting. :D

Thanks Steph, you have put my mind at ease :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back