Don't know what to do!

Yvonne

Reaction score
Sorry, the topic isn't as dramatic as the title seems.

I am supposed to be going for the tests to have the coil fitted etc tomorrow and i'm embarrassed about it :shock:
I have had 2 babies and smears with god knows how many people looking at my lower region, but it's just the thought of gettin my bits out again.
I just feel like i want to be left alone and the last few weeks i have thinking i want another baby in a few years time so i am in two minds to whether to have it done now, i think i might go on the pill :roll:

I can't believe after all i have been through with the lower area i am embarrassed about people going down there.

Sorry just want to know what anyone else would do (and yes i do feel stupid about posting it) :(

aww **hugs**

I have no kids and i wont go for a smear, though i know i should!

but i suppose its just one of them things people can never get used to and that embarrassment factor is always going to be there.

HI

i know i used to have smears every year then when i was preg they didnt want to disturb that area as they said to me.
But when i went for my post natal check they gave me one without telling me before hand that i was going to be having one :shock: i was mad.
Anyways if you really feel you want one fitted then you gotta go i dunno what to do cuz im still really embarressed about that sort of stuff too.
Good luck.
Katrina

Hiya Yvonne

I've got the coil fitted. It is just the same as getting a smear but as you dont wanna get your bits out lol then you prob wont like it. I was dreading the day when i got mine in but it didn't take long and i was fine with it-was just talking about baby so much i never thought about it :D

I never went for any tests though before hand :?

Its easy enough to get it taken out if you want more kids too.

If you want it then go for it. Yeah you'll be embarrassed but it'll only be for a few mins :dance:

I'm getting the coil fitted soon and my doc said should I want to ttc again before the 3 years is up it is very easy to be taken out and shouldn't cause any problems.

I'm having the non-hormone coil (not the Mirena coil) so I don't know if the Mirena is any different in that respect.

I know what you mean about getting your bits outs again, I've had enough of being prodded and poked down there! I'm having the swabs done this month ready to have the coil next month.

I've only ever had one smear and it really hurt!
That is yet another reason why I'm too nervous about the coil, that and my bits...I want my bits left alone for a while!

I hate condoms though.....Hmmmmm

That's why I'm having the coil Urchin - DF is .... how do I put it ..... frightened of them. :oops: 'it' magically dissapears when I get a condom out!! :shock: and they are horrid things - yuk.
I can't 'do' hormone based contraceptives though, I get horrid mood swings.

I am ok with the pill and never got caught once on it so i might just opt for that.
I am ok having smears done as i know they need to be done and it's in my best interest but the coil will protect me like the pill so it's not i have to have it in- it was just my choice.

I feel really stupid about this and last night i was really panicing- i've just been prodded and poked and sweeped down there so much it's so degrading!

I don't feel like this when it comes to sex though, down there isn't a problem then and i know the nurses see it everyday as it's there job but i think i will keep mine tucked away for a while. I might change my mind in a few months :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back