• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am I mad....

PrincessPeanut

Reaction score
.... before you quickly jump in and shout, yes, you're mad, before I even ask a question because I know I already am but I've woke up this morning wanting to book a holiday.....

Me and OH were going to go away for a week in the sun somewhere this year, but because we're now moving house and our money is going into that for now and we're just gonna go away in august for a long weekend, camping, to a music festival up near peebles in scotland. Sooooo I've come up with this mad idea that when I start maternity leave (on tuesday... not to rub it in...:dance:) I think I might have a look around for a week in the sun about may/june time next year. Now how crazy does it sound that I'm thinking of booking up for a holiday for next year when we'll have an 8 (ish) month old baby to take with us....?!? Plus would a travel agent allow me to book up for baby without the baby actually being born yet?

I was thinking somewhere just an hour or two's flight, that's not super hot for baby but somewhere that is baby friendly but also is nice and relaxing for us.

Any thoughts on this crazy mad women's idea? xxx

YOUR MAD ;)
Only joking hunny, was going to write that no matter what you had wrote!
I dont think your mad for wanting to go camping and i dont think you mad for wanting to take your LO away, im not sure whether they would let you book now but there isnt any harm shopping around x x

Hey - I'm from Peebles AND I own a travel agency AND yes, you're mad!! (only joking lol) You can book a holiday before baby born for sure - I did with my wee one. Let me know if I can help - happy to!! Is it the Innerleithen Music Festival?

We are looking to book a holiday for next year and our LO isnt here yet... she will be just over a year when we are looking to go...

As long as its not uncomfortably hot for her and its not like America or something then it should be fine... Child places are free anyway so even if when it got to the time you decided to leave her with family you havent lost any money on the holiday

Hey - I'm from Peebles AND I own a travel agency AND yes, you're mad!! (only joking lol) You can book a holiday before baby born for sure - I did with my wee one. Let me know if I can help - happy to!! Is it the Innerleithen Music Festival?

Awh cheers Tracey :)

It is indeedy the innerleithen music festival! lol I've never been before, OH goes most years and I've said for ages I wanted to go up this year and all the people we're going up with think I'm mental for going up when I'll be so heavily pregnant!! We'll have to meet up when I'm up there :) xxx

hey,
i live half an hour away from peebles :)

:) and no your not mad xx

ok I'll be the little devil in your shoulder and whisper in your ear 'goooo on dooooooooo it!!!!!' lol seriously get it booked it will give you something (other than the baby & birth obviously!) to look forward to, cos by then things will be settling down and you'll have a nice week in the sun to enjoy!!! my cousin took her baby to spain when he was about 8 months and it was fine, she said its easier when they are still push chair sized and not running around!!

Looks like we can have a mini get together in peebles, yay that would be cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back