Am I overreacting???

Snuggle

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm the first to admit that my emotions are all over the place at the moment and I cry about EVERYTHING! My hubby is abroad somewhere for a few weeks and since he has gone I feel like he doesnt care enough about me. This is due to the fact that he has access to phone me as much as he likes (using his roommates laptop) but he only phones me once a day. He keeps saying that he will phone more often and tells me times he will phone then phones me about 3 hours after the time he should have phoned and his excuses are that he just didnt think! :evil:
He has spent £300 in just 4 days and says its on food and water (he's in a hot place where you cant drink the water) but I just dont believe him and keep thinking he's drinking all the money away. He phoned me last night at 9pm UK time which was 4pm where he is and said he was about to go out for food. He usually eats around 8 at night so I started thinking that he's lying and is going somewhere he shouldnt.
Am I being crazy? Is it just my hormones making me think too much into things? Its driving me mad and I spend so much time crying! :cry:

I know it is hard to imagine what some one else is doing and when, especially when they are away. I cannot comment on how much money he is spending etc... but maybe he is just letting his hair down a bit before the baby comes?

Can you tell him how you feel? :hug:

ah sugar,
I can't help you with what he's doing over there, but I can understand how frustrated you feel. I would start to get emotional too in your position.
Is he back soon? I think it will be much better to talk to him in person than try and explain why you are upset over the phone.
In the meantime you should arrange a night out with your friends and have a good rant to them about it just to let off steam!
:hug:

Is he away on holiday or business? You say he's 5 hours behind so I'm thinking he's in the East coast of the U.S right?

I know when I've travelled for business in the past I have found it hard to keep in touch with home at times due to being too busy and time differences. Maybe that's a factor. :)

Also, I don't think you should over analyse the situation too much. When away from home people often change their eating habits and times. I found I got hungry at weird times due to jet lag etc. He might also be trying to fit in with what the people he's with want to do. :think:

I can't comment on the spending because it depends what he's doing really. But try not to worry too much.. for yours and the baby's sake. It's very easy to wind yourself up and get into negative thinking. He'll be home soon and you can find out all the facts when he's here. Keep busy and the time will pass quicker.

Thank you very much for your replies :D

He is away with work and I know that I'm probably overreacting and I blame the pregnancy hormones :?

When hubby does talk to me he is his usual loving self asking how I am and how the baby is and tells me how much he loves and misses me :cry:

As for the spending, he is no doubt having a few beers with his friends at night and making the most of a bad situation (being in a crap place far away from home)

Thanks again, going to try chill out about everything :hug: :hug:

Hi hunni,

Try not to worry i went through the waterworks stage and my partner would only need to be out 30 mins to long and i would start to panic and burst into tears im calming down abit now but i still cry at crapy programes n i cry i think....... WHY!! LOL

Try not to think of the worse and because you will only stress both you and the baby, try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy.... he will be back in no time.

Lov Nikki x xx x :D

Hi hun

You are not over reacting how you are feeling is completely normal, i know i would be the same way.
Just try your best to relax and not think about any bad things :hug:
Katrina

Snuggle said:
Thank you very much for your replies :D

He is away with work and I know that I'm probably overreacting and I blame the pregnancy hormones :?

When hubby does talk to me he is his usual loving self asking how I am and how the baby is and tells me how much he loves and misses me :cry:

As for the spending, he is no doubt having a few beers with his friends at night and making the most of a bad situation (being in a crap place far away from home)

Thanks again, going to try chill out about everything :hug: :hug:

:hug: Snuggle I think you will be fine :hug:

It sounds like he's still attentive and trying his best to keep in touch.

I used to get a lot of people saying "oh I bet you have fun when you are travelling" and stuff like "you are so lucky getting to travel on business". But it's not all cocktails and fancy hotels. It also gets pretty lonely at times and I have even, in the past, avoided phoning home because it made me more home sick to speak to DS and my OH. :(

Hang in there.x

:hug: i think ur doing really well better than i would!

Hey Snuggle!

Try not to get too worked up. I am the worlds worst at making things worse when I think about them over and over in my head, but at the end of the day - you cant change what he is doing out there. And I doubt very much he is doing anything wrong. Maybe he is fibbing a little bit about how much he is spending on drink - but it might be because he doesn't want to rub it in without you being there.

He phones you very day and says he loves you and misses you - believe him. And try not to build situations that are not there. It's hard, but you'll drive yourself nuts else!

Piglet xx

Hi all,
I talked to hubby about this and we sorted it all out. He has been having a few beers at night but its just because everything is so expensive there that the money is going fast. I have no reason to doubt him, I'm just obviously hormonal! :x

Thank you all,
Julie xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back