Am I high risk?

sarah.connors

Reaction score
Im 6 weeks 2 days pregnant, and couldnt be happier about that. Ive been pregnant once before and everything went smoothly, and I gave birth to a healthy baby boy. But after that they found some abornmal cellgrowth in my cervix, CIN2, and decided I needed to remove a small part of my cervix. They took as little as possible (since Im young and wanted more children). Conisation I think the procedure is called.

In follow ups everything has looked good, no cell abnormalities (but my cervix was a bit shorter than it used to be, obviously, and harder to "grasp" with the instruments they needed to do the check up withs). Ive read a lot after I had this done, that premature labour risk is a lot higher with having this procedure done, but other places it says its not really that significant. Some say you can get a cerclage stich on the cervix to prevent going into labour early and cervix opening, some say they only do that if you start having contractions or signs of preterm labour(and some say its to late if you wate till then). I dont feel I can find any good info on this, or how good the follow up is during pregnancy. Any ladies here with any experience or knowledge on the subject? Is it common to go into preterm labour, and if so, how much preterm? two weeks, a month, two months? It kind of makes a big difference... Its over a year since the procedure, if that matters

Hiya, it doesn’t make the pregnancy itself high risk, but the risk of prem labour - all they can say is before 37 weeks. You may be offered scans to see if they can ascertain the length of your cervix. Depending on the findings from that they may offer you the cervical stitch, which them is removed when you get to term.
With people who have had lletz surgery, what I have found in my experience is they either progress very quickly to fully dilated or they don’t at all and a c section is needed.
I had the same done 2 years ago so will be in the same position as you when I have another.

Hiya, it doesn’t make the pregnancy itself high risk, but the risk of prem labour - all they can say is before 37 weeks. You may be offered scans to see if they can ascertain the length of your cervix. Depending on the findings from that they may offer you the cervical stitch, which them is removed when you get to term.
With people who have had lletz surgery, what I have found in my experience is they either progress very quickly to fully dilated or they don’t at all and a c section is needed.
I had the same done 2 years ago so will be in the same position as you when I have another.

I think the c-section is only if you have cervical stenosis ,which you would notice from your period not coming out properly

Well I’ve seen a couple of cases where it wasn’t apparent until the lady was experiencing regular contractions with no progress in dilation or effacement of the cervix, the assumption is that changes in the consistency of the cervix aren’t possible due to scar tissue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back