• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

am i having a miscarriage?

mummy26

Reaction score
hi, i posted last week regarding my bleeding. heres quick summary, started spotting 30th sept went for scan and scan showed im only 5wks however i should be 12, they said i could have got my dates mixed.. they booked me in for scan this fri to see if fetus has grown.
however all this week iv been having this brown discharge looks like end of period type of blood and last few days theres been thin, stringy clotting also.
could i be having a miscarriage? the docs are not helpful and are telling me to wait for fridays scan.
i feel gutted is this normal?
plz any reply would be appreciated

you wont know for sure hunny until scan.

But dont wana to upset you but when i m/c i had all the brown blood, i really hope it is ok for you, please let us know how you get on

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I don't know what to advise. I remember your last post and you must be so worried. I would get down to your Early Pregnancy Unit in your local hospital. You may have to wait a while but they will give you a scan today and see what is going on. If you phone first they will advise.

Please let us know how you get on. By the way brown discharge is not normally something to be too worried about.

Becs :hug: :hug:

Hiya hun :hug:

I think it could go either way but i had a miscarriage last week and all i had to start with was 5 days of very light brown spotting, no pain, after 6 days it started getting redder and i had the kind of black sticky stuff you get when you have a period

Rather than wait until another scan, i would ask for some hcg blood tests because they can tell in 48 hours when they repeat them whats going on

:hug: :hug:

could a pregnancy test determine whether im still pregnant or not?

Sorry to hear you're having a worrying time. It is unusual for the scan to show that you're 7 weeks behind what you thought. With my first mc, my scans were showing that I was 2 weeks behind, and I had the 'waiting thing' for the next scan to see if it had grown - I know how stressful it is :hug:

I would see if you can be seen sooner than Fri - tell them about this increased clotting - you need to know what's going on :hug:

I really hope it works out for you - there are stories like this with happy endings, so don't give up hope yet.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :hug:

The problem with a pregnancy test hun is that they show results from as little a hormone level of 25 and as it takes a while for levels to rise or fall it is not a very accurate thing,

My HCG tests came back at 423 a week after i had started spotting and then 48 hours later were 203 so there would still be plenty of hormone to still give a positive result,

I rang an on call midwife at the hospital and got myself seen that day so i think you need to be doing that just to see whats going on x

i agree i would to get your blood done then on thursday get them repeated

:hug: :hug: :hug:

have you rang your midwife hun?
i dont remeber your other post im affraid but defo speask to some-one or get a scan done asap at your local hospital
manda xx

mummy26 said:
hi, i posted last week regarding my bleeding. heres quick summary, started spotting 30th sept went for scan and scan showed im only 5wks however i should be 12, they said i could have got my dates mixed.. they booked me in for scan this fri to see if fetus has grown.
however all this week iv been having this brown discharge looks like end of period type of blood and last few days theres been thin, stringy clotting also.
could i be having a miscarriage? the docs are not helpful and are telling me to wait for fridays scan.
i feel gutted is this normal?
plz any reply would be appreciated

Hiya, have the same situation like you. I have just come back from teh early pregnancy unit at my hospital. I was told that I have some blood surrounding the fetus. It seems that I am also bleeding inside so that's the reason for my abdominal pain. Apparently this might be a sign of early miscarriage :wall: I have to go there again next week.. Defo go down to the early pregnancy unit for scan. Good luck :pray:

just rang them they are so unhelpful... they told me to wait till friday.
im going spare aint got a clue as to whats happening to me!

tell them you are bleeding hun and have pains they cant make you wait or better still go down there and shout at them
its discusting that you should wait 3 days
manda xx

I wouldn't wait and go to the Early Pregnancy Unit first thing tomorrow morning. most of them have Walk In service anyway. I was told today that if I bleed I have to come right away back to them and if they are closed I need to go to the Emergency. Don't let them treat you like that. Don't blame you you are nervous and want toknow what's happening. Think positive, supposedly some woman experience this spotting.. it doesn't have to be a bad sign.

the thing is im in sheffield at the moment at my mums shes helping me with my son while i rest, and i live in bradford. so im in another city.
this is going to sound silly but im scared if i turn up they will make me feel stupid for turning up.
the health advisor at nhs direct who i also rang told me to just ride it out.
i feel so helpless. i do feel like going to a & e but scared they will giv me a bollocking and send me home rather than give me a scan.

they cant shout at you hun
the thing is i have been told this by a receptionist at the epu
"that if you are losing your baby there is nothing a scan will do about it" thats a quote btw not what i say
so with attitudes like that what are we surpost to do.
just ring again and cry down the phone or something hun
manda xx

just rang them again they told me to come down. im off in bit im so scared, hopefully il let you all know how it goes

good glad they are taking you serious

hope all goes well

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :pray: :pray:

I'm so sorry to hear you are having such a terrible time I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you this afternoon. :hug: :hug:

fingers crossed for you hun
it will prob be nothing but these things are better to be checked out then to leave
manda xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back