am i being a lazy cow

Pickledonions

Reaction score
i dont know why but i decided to take my maternity leave at 34 weeks but have majorly changed my mind. I wanna go now at 30 weeks i just have had enough. Its no secret i hate my job i really do add on the stress of it being in healthcare and outbreaks of mrsa and other horrible stuff ontop of that i just wanna get out stop stressing but i cant help thinking taking 10 weeks off before is just pure lazy this would mean id finish on 7th november which is only 8 weeks away. I only get smp anyway and dont plan to return. What are you all planning to do? Maybe i could compramise and go at 32

I was gonna say that it would cut down your leave after the baby but if youre not planning on returning I guess thats ok. I dont think its lazy, in my first job when pregnant with DD I worked in a shop that I detested, and I swear the place stressed me out no end, I worked up till about 30 weeks but had to go off on health grounds. Now in my job Im planning to work right up till xmas as I love my job and keeps me busy and Im only taking 6 months. If you can survive without the extra money and really wanna go off, as you arent planning on returning, then go for it xxx

the money will be an issue but im scared that the stress is affecting baby and i need to see an end to it....im getting tearful thinking that somethings gonna happen to him

U gotta do what is right for LO Hun! I work in healthcare and it isn't really conducive with pregnant x

I don't think your lazy hun, I quit part of my job! But my midwife was glad, as after my BP came down! I am still working but I am only doing around 6 hours per week! Yes we really miss the money, but LO comes first! I will be working up until 23rd December :( but what I do now is so easy apart from the 1.3 mile walk there which kills me lol

i dont think youre being lazy, a couple of suggestions that may help you to earn a wage a bit longer though if its going to be an issue.....
Do u get paid for being off ill? U could possibly get your doctor to sign you off work with stress? Or do u have occupational health? As im pretty sure if u dont work in a safe environment for pregnancy theyre supposed to offer you an alternative roll, although im not sure what qualifies.

I don't think its lazy at all, I've just had a week off work and I really don't feel like going back! I'm going from 34 weeks and taking 3 weeks holiday so my mat leave doesn't start until 37 weeks. Do you have any holiday you could use before your mat leave starts at all? You need to do whats best for you and LO x

Honestly... I would go to the docs and tell them you have terrible SPD and your finding it hard to get into work in the morning. Get signed off for an extra 3/4 weeks and THEN take your mat leave ;)

i cant afford to go sick as i only get stat sick pay. Im so miserable but im tempted to go sick for a week next week. Glad i dont seem lazy

I also work in healthcare and know exactly what you mean, i banged my back on a hospital bed couple of nights ago and have had to have a couple of shifts of work, i am just glad it was my back an not my bump. I am going to take maternity at 34weeks and holidays i am due for 2weeks before that. If your job is anything like mine you are on your feet a lot, and can be tiring and stressful so dont worry at all about feeling lazy.

Know how you feel. I also have the pleasure of working for the NHS, and if I didn't plan on going back after my mat leave I would start it at the earliest possible opportunity. Why not? A few weeks salary won't make a major difference in the long term, will they? I have to keep reminding myself that I want as long as possible off after my baby is born to make myself go in for each shift, honestly, if it weren't for that I would have no qualms whatsoever about waving them all good-bye!

Hi Hun I'm an ops manager and I've just had to suspend someone on full pay because I can't risk assess the environment and clients to be safe for her to work with while pregnant!
If you deem it to be dangerous this is something the employer should consider! X

i am finishing work on 23rd december even though baby not due til 3rd march :) ha ha

i have some holidays to use and then will have holidays to use when i return to work so i will still have 12 months with boo boo........my job is too stressful and i have just had enough!!

so i am going to have some 'me ' time before boo boo arrives and i dont feel one bit guilty!! ha ha

xx

I do home care and am really wondering about when to go on maternity leave. Have already been banned by OH from going out it if snows this year. We don't get so many contagious diseases like mrsa but with the bed ridden clients it's obviously a big strain with limited equipment and no extra staff to call on straight away to give us a hand. Because of my complications I am really worried about it tbh although our office is very good and are keeping me away from the heavy work if they can.
Working in health care is proving to be a mine field. Am also stressing about going back to work and bringing something nasty home to baby too :(.
I think we all need to do whatever we think is best for us and baby, there's always another job to have when we are ready xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back