Am I just lazy?

kellie80

Reaction score
The last couple of weeks I've had no energy at all, I've really got to push my self to do anything. I just feel its a bit to early for me to be really slowing down, how am I going to get through the next 10 weeks like this! Anyone else feeling like this or am I just being lazy?

Well I feel exactly the same! I'm taking the last of my annual leave this week and even though I've hardly done a thing I am knackered! In fact- off for a nap right now! I had a blood test for low iron last Tuesday and she said she'd call if my iron was low but I haven't heard anything so I guess it's ok and this is just part of being in the third trimester! The funny thing is that I'm sleeping ok right now too. Not sure what I'll be like next week- I've got 6 weeks of work to go before maternity leave and I work in a Uni Library and it's the beginning of term so it's going to be chaos!! Maybe I'll sleep through it?!

+++

I was chatting to my manager about the later stages and she said that with her pregnancy she started to get very tired again once she hit the sixth month point.

So I am trying to make the most of the energy that I currently have as it probably won't last. :?

glad to hear its not just me feeling this way, starting to think I was really strange. Haven't had my iron tested since I was 10 weeks though, I seen my midwife on monday but the computers were down and didn't really get anything done and haven't got to seen her again till October 3rd. I'll have to remember to ask!

This is my new word in every thread, tired!!!! I am totally shattered, it is even worse than the first term, I still have 10 weeks to do at work and am wondering how on earth I am going to manage because it is a real struggle to get up. Where is my energy of the second trimester, i really loved it and want it back :x

I know what you mean about the second trimester energy although I said that in front of my DH and he said "When was that did I miss it?" so I guess it's relative!!

+++

I have been full of energy the past few weeks, but now its starting to wear off, im finding myself getting very tired only a few hours after i have got up lol

I have decided to save up my annual leave and use it to go part time as from week 30 and I think it will really help me to not have to do a full working week.

If the tiredness is similar to that in the first trimester, then it will be quite hard work I should imagine.

I'm permanantly shattered!! Doesn't matter how much sleep I've had or what I'm doing!!! Thought I was lazy but obviously not!! To be honest I've never felt like I'm at the 'Blooming' stage. More budding, waiting to bloom but it's never quite happened!!!

I had about 3 weeks where I finally had my second trimester 'bloom' but I think I'm slowly going back again :? Having naps every day for 2 hours and sleeping a full nights sleep too.

I do love being pregnant though dispite the tierdness. :)

I have been very lucky. My blooming stage started at about 10 and a half weeks so I have been blooming for ten weeks now!

I feel so blessed but I am psyching myself up for the third trimester tiredness. I will survive.

I started to bloom at 14 weeks and i loved it, my skin was looking really good and radiant!! I never looked tired, even though I was feeling tired sometimes. I used to be full of energy, well, unless I was walking for a bit but otherwise, everything was fine :)

Now, it is very difficult to get up, having a full night sleep is non existent but it is not too bad at the moment, i had worse. But I am starting to have spots on my face :evil: , my legs feel like wood because of the swelling anf they are itchy, I have back pains, my belly starts to itch because it is growing a bit more everyday, my breast has some kind of lumps just underneath the nipples, do not know why, maybe it is because my 38F bra is too small now , i have just recieved my 40 F, hopefully that will change something.

I am seeing the midwife for blood tests next wednesday and for once, I will tell her quite a few bits!!! Oh and I start to feel a bit huge and ugly,which was the contrary during my blooming time, I thought i never looked so good!!! But funny enough, i am sure that once I have given birth, i will miss being pregnant!!!!!

I was having a good old moan to my Mum about all of this- and mentioned this feeling huge and ugly thing. She said that when she was pregnant with me during the really hot summer of 75 there was a song in the top 10 called "Hey Fatty Bum bum" or something like that and it made her feel so bad when she heard it in shops that she had to leave if it came on! Various people now great me with variations on "Hello Fatty" or "Who ate all the pies" etc and I know I shouldn't be sensitive because I'm 7 months pregnant for god's sake but it's still horrid! My Mum said that as far as she was concerned despite the fact that I'm dog tired the whole time my skin still looks glowing and my hair, nails and everything make me look very well so that helped as I feel awful- especially when I'm sitting in the front room with my feet on a stool like a beached whale! My husband keeps being overly sympathetic so I must look like I'm miserable too!!

Don't get me wrong- sharing this thing with my sprog is still miraculous and beautiful and this week he or she has started really big movements that feel a bit like a dolphin flipping about or something which are pretty incredible! I got my buggy and car seat today and it's really exciting- like Xmas or something and I keep looking at the clothes and imagining them in them and the games we'll play etc which is so amazing. I just can't wait to meet them though and to get some control back over my body!

+++

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back