Alternatives to a double pushchair? Buggy board?

shell30984

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm due in sept with my second boy, so my son will be 19months old when this one is born.

I have researched all the double buggies on the market and have decided on an icandy!
....but I worry that I will only need it for maybe 6months?!? So would be an expensive purchase!

Has anyone got any experiences of using a buggy board or could I use a sling for baby?!? (I've not looked into these yet, so unsure if they are practical)

I don't really have any space in the house that I can store a double pushchair, so just looking for alternatives (if there are any)

Xxx

ive got a friend who uses sling and pushchair. So in the week she has the little one in a sling, while her 21mth old uses the pushchair.
they bought another cheap single pushchair so when her OH is home they take both in buggys x
Using tapatalk can't see tickers

My lo is 18 months and I'm just about to give birth again. I went with the icandy pear but bought it second hand on eBay for £275, it's in great condition, I deffo wouldn't buy one new for such a short amount of time!

The buggy is very hefty and I'm not looking forward to using it I have to admit but needs must!

Yeah I have decided on the pear!
Have yet to see one though, so wasn't sure if its light to use etc.
Does it fold small enough to fit in a normal hatchback car?

I'm going down the sling route. Already have a connecta which I bought knowing I could use it for a newborn.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Yeah I have decided on the pear!
Have yet to see one though, so wasn't sure if its light to use etc.
Does it fold small enough to fit in a normal hatchback car?

Yes but u might not get anything else in with it. It's very heavy and each time u fold it u have to take both seats off and the double adaptor and then fold down the chassis so it's quite awkward x

I have a p&t promenade and i like it, even using a bus isnt bad as the handle can be shortened.
I occasionally use a sling but buggy is easier esp in the summer, no sweating! My son isnt ready for a biggyboard yet ( because of temper tantrums) and he is 19.months old plus he falls asleep in it sometimes

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I am not pregnant as yet but I think I will have baby in a sling a C in his pushchair. I will probably re-evaluate once going down this route for a while xx

I have a p&t promenade and i like it, even using a bus isnt bad as the handle can be shortened.
I occasionally use a sling but buggy is easier esp in the summer, no sweating! My son isnt ready for a biggyboard yet ( because of temper tantrums) and he is 19.months old plus he falls asleep in it sometimes

There's no chance Will is anywhere near ready for buggy board either. We let him walk to the car sometimes and even that is a nightmare, he just wants to run away all the time!

Hope ur doing well Hun xx

I did look at the phil and teds, but my son wouldn't accept sitting in the lower seat :( he would need to be in the front, otherwise there will be tantrums :(

I don't like the idea of a double buggy due to the weight and space they need :(
So I'm so confused as to what to do lol I have woken up so many times thinking of double pushchairs!! Lol

My son is at the front and baby is at.the back seat(well,carrycot), works well to protect.from.the sun and wind.
It is heavier and longer than my single though but seat take up to 18 kgs which was crucial for me plus it folds up quite neatly.

I did look at the phil and teds, but my son wouldn't accept sitting in the lower seat :( he would need to be in the front, otherwise there will be tantrums :(

I don't like the idea of a double buggy due to the weight and space they need :(
So I'm so confused as to what to do lol I have woken up so many times thinking of double pushchairs!! Lol

The P&T's were second choice for me too coz once out of the cocoon I don't like the low back seat, but, P&T's are deffo the double buggys of choice it seems and I'm starting to wonder whether I should have gone for one after all?!

There is 20 months between my boys and we have the Baby Jogger City Select and absolutely love it! It's heavy to lift in and out of the boot but so light to push and both babies can sit so many different ways. Jack refuses to walk due to shyness/stubborness so we needed a double but Harry prefers to be in a carrier at the moment. We still take both seats with us though just incase lol x

There is 19 months between my two, and I didnt bother with a double, at first my youngest was just in the car seat that clippe on to the pram when nipping out, don't do loads of walking so but the time he is out the car seat as a pram phase my eldest will be fine walking everywhere, for the times my eldest has needed the pram (about twice) I have had Jonah in a carrier, but mainly now, Jonah is in the pram and sol walks with reins or uses buggy board. And he loves it!! So gla I didn't waste money on a double but that's just my experience

We're due our second in August and our LO will be 20months. We've decided to go down the sling route to begin with but have chosen the Micralite Twofold as our buggy choice if we need to buy a double (although we've not actually seen it properly as its just been released). I'm quite petite, have lots of steps and hills to negotiate so looked for doubles which were as light as possible as I found my Quinny heavy (especially on the steps). Most doubles I've seen are the same weight as my Quinny in single mode, as we want one that converts. I like do like the Phil and Teds so I think that will be our second choice x

Hi. There is 20 months between my 2 and I wasn't going to get a double but got given an out n about 360. I wouldn't use an up and down. (Besides my 2 hold hand which is super cute)
For nursery runs etc its useful as it gets us places quicker, otherwise our eldest just walks everywhere so reins! Or she likes pushing the pram.
It's quite useful for shopping and its lighter than our pram. Used it once or twice when they were both due a nap at the same time.
I am not going to bother with a board now and I wouldn't buy anything new before the baby arrives!

im just gonna put squishy in a sling or in the buggy while alyssa walks. theyre not too heavy to sling carry til over 6 months anyway and by then alyssa will be really capable of walking anyway. i have a toddler sling for alyssa too that i occasionally use when i cba with the pram

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back