Alternative god parents?

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
I know that one of my best friends would absolutely love to be my LO's god mother and she would be a great role model for her as she's growing up etc.
HOWEVER, I'm probably not going to get Lizzie christened, I not religious at all and OH is more of a spiritual person and doesn't really stick to one religion if that makes sense.
I would really like to be able to ask this friend to be a 'special' person in my child's life, so is there an equivalent to a godmother without the religious bit? All my friends will probably call themselves 'aunty' to baby anyway so it's got to be something a bit more meaningful.

Or am I just being too OTT? :roll:

theres a name my minister used and it was generic and not godparent but i cannot remember it!! ima try rack my brain and get bak to u lol xx

Hi, we were the same with my son, we aren't religious at all but wanted a special day and people in his life to look put fir him. We had a Naming Ceremony and appointed Guideparents, basically the non religious equivalent. It was a lovely day, highly recommended x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back