All you ladies not working ATM.....

SoonToBeMrs

Reaction score
...how the hell do you keep yourself sane??

I'm in desperate need of some ideas.. I stopped working about 3 weeks ago and looks like I wont be working at all now until I start my Mat leave.. but I'm so bored and de-motivated!! I don't know what to do. I feel like I want to get my teeth into something interesting to keep my mind occupied but I can't think of anything.

Our spare room is all ready for baby..

I've only been living here for a little under a year so I don't really know anyone..

I have three months to go yet!!!! :shock:

Just don't know how I'm going to cope!!

My son goes to school all day.. I'm so bored and lonely.. hmph! :(

Argh I would be so bored as well...

but you could;

learn a new language :)
play computer games
read some lovely interesting books ( I recommend White Swans, The Good Women of China and Memoirs of a Geisha)
do some puzzles
have lots of lovely afternoon naps
Write a blog about your baby experiences/pod cast so your baby can read when they are older
Go to the gym/swimming/classes to meet some people.

Contribute to the forum!

I read, play the xbox (and hoping to get a wii & wii fit soon) crochet, read some more.
I've got an online diary (opendiary.com) and if i need to just blabber away to myself i type in there.
Or meeting up with friends i've not seen for awhile.
Oh my life is boring haha.
xx

i wish i was off work... i seriously wished i was on maternity leave these past few mornings

im getting shattered now me xx

I have a 17 month old who keeps me busy all day :wink:

Feel depressed that I have no money and nothing to do. :( I :( keep applying for temping jobs but nothing comes of it. I feel so depressed, I can't even be bothered going out anywhere anymore. :shakehead:

*Rainbow* said:
[quote="Serendipity_":37actsrr]Feel depressed that I have no money and nothing to do. :( I :( keep applying for temping jobs but nothing comes of it. I feel so depressed, I can't even be bothered going out anywhere anymore. :shakehead:
I know what you mean about the job.. ive applied for so many jobs, but i just dont seem to be able to get one at all..!!

x x[/quote:37actsrr]

It doesn't help that my OH lost his job in September as he was working for a contractor of Land Rover and as we all know, it went a bit down the pan. And then he got another job but work was slow so they let him go and no he's out of work too. But he's having some calls of agencies so hopefully something will come of it. We argue like mad because he's around me all the time and we don't like it :lol: I'm looking at courses on my local college at the minute :dance:

Well lol i just look forward to taking my lil boy to school and picking him up then its all go from there on untill 7pm when its bedtime and by then i shattered but as for the in between bit i really dont know i do get bored so bored its un real still i guess we better enjoy it

I feel exactly the same... I've not been working since August and stuck at home with no money! I pretty much spend all day playing games on my PC and using the internet on OH's PC or watching rubbish daytime TV.

It's hard if you don't know anyone in the area and you probably can't be out every day finding stuff to do as that involves spending money...

xxx

:lol: :lol: i SLEEP while the kids are at skool or do housework, i go to a card making group on a wednesday. Hubby is home atm for 2 weeks so it's so different as we enjoy our time alone :D

Join a book group through meetup.com
Read - library books are free
Exercise
Cook interesting meals for your partner

its not fun is it being stuck in bored all day.
i havent been working since last november and i just have nothing to do at home or at my bfs.
is it just me, but wen i stay at home i have no energy either, i dno whether thts coz im doing nothing or the baby, but i wna go out n do things but i havent even got the energy to get showered lol

chaya5738 said:
Join a book group through meetup.com
Read - library books are free
Exercise
Cook interesting meals for your partner

:bored: I'd much rather stay in bed all day to be honest :lol:

It's a vicious circle, georgie, the more you can't be bothered to do anything, the more you won't be motivated to do anything. So force yourself to get going and get out and you'll feel much better! Easier said than done I know but I promise you I've learnt from long experience of working for myself from home that sitting about in your PJs all day is a habit that's easy to get into and hard to get out of... Mind over matter girls!

Well I'm up this morning and going out in a bit to get some things done that I need to do. Its good getting up :dance:

Im at home all day too, DF works 9 till 5 well just after, i dont drive, so end up being in all day with DS who is almost three and likes to entertain himself. After DD goes to school in the morning i get all the cleaning done, get the washing on (always got washing) :roll: then spend an hour or so having a nice bath and sort myself out. The rest of the day i just wait for the time to come to go and pick DD up from school :(
I do get realllllyyyyyy bored and fed up most days. I also spend alot of time on pc, oooooooo and i found this really good game site called pogo which has good some good pass the time games on lol (not manly games either) You can join free and play loads of games, or pay something like £5 a month and be a proper member and get even more games. When playing the game you can also chat to others in the same game room, has people from all over the world

OMG i went on :oops: No i dont work for them and im not trying to sell it to you :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You can tell how interesting my day is cant you :wall: :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back