Working and Tired

Skidoo

Reaction score
Hello all -

I've posted a poll in the Working while Pregnant forum to ask how those of you that are working are coping. I'm finding it v. tiring working full time and commuting and guess I'm not the only one out there!!

It would be lovely - and I wouldn't feel so all alone - if you could have a look and let me know what you think!

Cheers

- Skidoo

hi skidoo,

i am bloddy knackered most of the time!! I am still working full time and plan to stop just before xmas. I do feel a little better now compared to the first few weeks of the second tri though.

hope you feel better soon, stay in touch xxx

Hello

I responded in the other post but just to reassure you I am exhausted. My eyes are get droppier by the minute and my midback hurts, AND I get a weird burning sensation from time to time on the right hand side of my abdomen. If I press I can feel something poking out so I'm presuming that someone (not naming any names) has their knees on one of my nerves. :lol:

ZZzzzz

Well I am wide awake and off to the gym, but I have been assured that this won't last so I am making the most of it while I can.

Fingers crossed that it lasts a bit longer.

I hated the tiredness of the 1st trimester and not looking forward to it returning.

Yes, I felt like that for a while too. It lasted about 10 minutes on the 10th August or something.....

Thanks to all of you for responding - it's nice to know I'm not a freak!!

I'm planning on working until the end of Jan as I want to tack my annual leave onto the end of my maternity leave so I get the whole summer off with my little one. So that's something to look forward to, but it does mean I don't have much time to take off between now and then. Luckily I get a lot of time off at xmas w/out having to use any a/l, but I'm wondering if I'll survive until then!!

I just keep thinking not long to go....but that is a bit of lie really as I have 11 weeks and 1 day still to work before mat. leave. My boss is really good and is aware that I am skiving a little like today when i was home for 3.30 and don't finish until 5 but it is so tiring. My boss was saying she finds it so odd that we all work so long now...in her day 25 years ago they packed in at 6 months and then never went back!!! Oh for the good old days eh????

Happily enough, it seems to go in phases. I've been sleeping a lot better at night the last couple of nights and don't feel so shattered during the day. Makes like a LOT easier!!

May it be the same for all you other tired mums-to-be!!

I am completely nackered too!!!
I work full time, teaching, and last night was our open evening, and I am responsible for yr6-yr7 transition, so had to be there and run around :cry:

I am suffering from severe back pains, and yesterday was sooooooooo long and tiring! got to school at 7:00am and left it at 9:00pm, arrived home by 10:00!
My body aches from everywhere!
And I won't be off before mid january! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anyway, reading your posts, girls, made me feel better! (sorry, not that I rejoyce on your being tired, but I feel less lonely :)

Bless you all,

Mel xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back