All day sickness desperation!!

hellywelly

Reaction score
Help!! This nausea and sickness is really getting me down. Have felt awful for a week now and the thought of this stretching on for weeks more is so depressing!!! I am willing to listen to ANY suggestions or ideas about how to stop it, even old wives tales!! If hanging upside down from a tree works then I'll do it!! lol.

So far I've tried:
- Acupressure bands (seems to work a little bit but am wearing them that much my wrists are getting sore)
- Ginger biscuits/non-alcoholic ginger beer - pretty much no effect but the beer does taste nice!
- Sucking mint imperials - helps a bit until you stop then it's bad again, and I can't continually suck these for the next 8 months.
- Dry crackers before getting up - just means I throw up dry crackers AND weetabix rather than just the weetabix!!

I can cope with the throwing up, I just can't cope with the all day feeling of nausea. If I'm lucky it stops about 6pm. Help please!!! :shock:

A small single scoop of Ice cream helps me or sucking an ice cube and so does sips of lemonade iv tried the other remedys too nd not helping however today I can't seem to do anythin to stop it and feel so blergh iv gone to bed with my douvet and book :( x

isn't it awful???? ive had the sickness since 5 weeks, all day, every day. I haven't had any relief from it and im now 11 weeks. It is constant. i know some people find it comes and goes, mine never stops!!! At about 9 weeks it was really starting to get me down, i wasn't coping well. now it's just the norm. I honestly can't remember what it feels like to not feel sick! I have lived off of ginger biscuits, mashed potato, pasta with no sauce, peas, water and hard boiled fruit sweets. thats it, i hvent been able to eat anything else because ive gone off food so much. its awful. the hard sweets work though at easing it slightly- when im not eating, im constantly sucking on them. im getting through a few packets a day!!

unfortunately, ive tried loads of things, but sucking on the sweets seems to be the only thing to make me feel a little better. i still feel sick but its more bearable. but im just used to it now, however horrible it is!!

sorry if thats not much help, but just so you know, your not alone, and its not pleasant, but you do kind of start to get used to it! if i take after my mum, ive got this until around the 16 weeks mark too- lovely!!!!

i hope you do find something that works for you, and that yours doesn't last long! :hugs: x x x

Thank you ladies!! It's now 4.17pm and I'm just starting to feel semi ok. And I'm also glad to hear that healthy eating has gone to pot for other people as well!! Loads of the healthy stuff I used to like has fallen by the wayside, I just want very similar things to you rosiee, like pasta, white toast, egg fried rice (!!!) and mashed potato!! My grandma has just informed me that 18 years ago, my auntie was still being sick at Christmas and she had her daughter on Jan 13th!! Think I'd shoot myself after 8 months of feeling like this!! Almost hoping it's twins so I don't have to do this again!!!

My only advice is to eat little and often I found that really worked for me...try not to let yourself go too long between eating something ...

Its horrible I had it from 5-14 weeks but it does wear off for most of us hun...I still get the odd bout of feeling sicky now at 24 weeks but thats not normally the case xxx

Oh huni I feel your pain, Iv ben sick non stop since 3 weeks :-( 24 7 nausea and trow up most things i eat, have tired all the same as you and non worked , The only time i dont feel sick is while im eating so chewy sweets help for half hour or so, curently loving fruit mentos lol and tried salf and vinegar crsps and worked for about 20 mins to

Hopefully we will all start to feel better when we meet up in tri 2 :)

Oh huni I feel your pain, Iv ben sick non stop since 3 weeks :-( 24 7 nausea and trow up most things i eat, have tired all the same as you and non worked , The only time i dont feel sick is while im eating so chewy sweets help for half hour or so, curently loving fruit mentos lol and tried salf and vinegar crsps and worked for about 20 mins to

Hopefully we will all start to feel better when we meet up in tri 2
:)

just wanted to second that last sentance! i cant cope with it being so constant it wasnt sooooo bad before as i was only being sick 1-2times a day and dry retchin the rest, but today i couldnt count the amount of times :( nothing is stopping it i keep telling pip to calm down he/she must be doing some kind of irish jig or something to cause all this sickness!!!!

All people keep saying to me is that it's a good sign - it doesn't feel very bloody good!!!

Drink Cola it works. Someone told me about it the other day and it actually worked lol. I couldn't believe it but it did.

Just been reading this, i'm the same, constant sick feeling from the moment i wake up and even right thru the nite! Finding fruit helps tho and lemon, mango n ginger tea (from asda), Hope this helps hellywelly! X

oh does the coke really work? few people told me to drink flat coke but sounded too bizar and more likley to make me sick, When i was a child i was always given flat warm 7up when i was sick but never heard of the flat coke before now

Will give it a go today and see how i get on blhhhhh so fed up of bein sick

dont wanna put a dampner....just be careful with the amount of coke cos of the caffeine..xx

I have a stash of cans in the fridge that i drink only when I'm feeling very sick.

its the sugar, the sickness is in part due to low blood sugar supposedly so i can imagine the sugar in cols would help as the sweets do.

oh ok that makes sense might just stick to the sweets so

Samsgirl thank for the heads up on the coke never would have thought of the caffeine side of it:) bein a lazy cow today n having a indian meal from M &S hope it stays put and fend off d nausea for half hour or so

I'm now 16 week n still sick vomiting at least twice a day n feeling sick constant.
Have tablets from gp but not helping, seabands on.

Chewing gum can help
Coke as mentioned also good
I've found drinking blackcurrant juice like riband helps
Watermelon helped a bit too.

I try n avoid things like fresh orange as nothing worse than acidic sick lol

yes, healthy eating has gone completely out of the window!! haha :D I was worried at first, i couldnt kep my vitamins down either that I was trying to take, but when i spoke to the midwife she said to just eat anything i can. She said its better to eat what i fancy, than try and only eat healthy if its making me sick, because this way at least the babys getting something! I will make my diet better when im not so sick anymore, but right now I just can't!

it's interesting seeing what works for other people on here. I would try the coke but im allergic to the caffeine :( so don't think that would help! hope everyone feels better soon!

xxx

you can get decaff coke, its the gold label one, least i think they still do it.

yeah they do that coke in tesco but it tastes well weird lol and I don't think I'll be buying too much coke again as I drank 8 cans in 3 days.

I thought mine was just bad sickness but have hypermesis gravidarium, if your being sick lots make sure you keep up fluids, I couldn't keep water down for couple days on and off and ended up in hosp. Still can't eat/drink a week later just forcing myself to sip drink. It's so hard! Try ice cream/cubes lollies! There helping me a bit, and cool doritoes. It was salt n vinegar crisps but can't eat them anymore! Tried all ginger things, doc gave me tablets, nothing works! Unlucky for me mine stays till 5 months but fingers crossed for you it goes soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back