Alexa Jane - born 28/01/2009 4lbs 12oz 5 wks early-WITH PICS

First time mum

Reaction score
Well, I cannot believe she is here already!!!! - My little princess arrived exactly 5 weeks to the day before my due date.
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

My waters had broke at 33 + 2 which of course gave me the shock of my life!. After being kept in hospital for 4 days I then had to take antibiotics and go back to the hospital twice a week. The plan was then to be induced at week 37.

I woke up at 4am on the Wednesday morning with period type pains and really didnt think this was D Day ! I assume I either needed the toilet or baby was just a bit vigorous with her movements!! Anyway those thoughts went straight out of the window as about an hour later I was having contractions 1 every 10 mins, I told Paul to go to work and I would try to manage but would call him when agony set in!.
By the time he was due to leave though I had reached that agony point!, by 8am they were 1 in every 4 mins. I called the hospital, and could hardly talk down the phone and halfway through had to shout Paul to come and take the phone off me!!

The hospital was 40 mins drive and of course we hit it at rush hour traffic - the motorway was virtually at a stand still, I sat in the front seat and was watching the clock and they were exactly 4 mins apart. We had visions of me giving birth at the side of the road - We got to the hospital just before 10am and Paul couldnt find a wheelchair so had to walk up to the labour ward - stopping and dealing with about 5 contractions on the way!!

Got to delivery suite, collapsed onto the bed, next thing gas and air being wheeled in by midwife - its good stuff and helps to take the edge off but it doesnt stop the pain and after about 2 hours I could have done with it being 6 times stronger. I got examined and was really pleased to be told I was 5cm dialated already.
My contractions then began to come on REALLY thick and fast and were a min apart very quickly (they had warned me that my labour could be quick and the contractions strong and fast due to waters breaking early and baby being prem)

There was then talk about epidural and I decided that I would have it (I hadnt really had a birth plan sorted, I just wanted to see how I felt at the time)
This was the worst part of the whole experience for me - having to stay still for a good 40 mins whilst managing the contractions !! what joy!!

The epidural was magic though, it kicked in about 20 mins later and I was almost "normal!" and was chatting away, sitting up and really quite relaxed - Paul said I was like a different person! - I strongly recommend it girls!!.

About 2pm I kept saying to the midwife that I felt really numb in my bum - she said that was just the epidural working, but it got worse and I couldnt sit comfortably - I asked if she could examine me - she did and I was fully dialated !! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I got in the pushing position and pushed for just under an hour and then my little darling was born and passed onto me - THE BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD !!!!!!!
Although she was 5 weeks early - she came out and breathed on her own and scored 9 in the 1st min.

After a stay of 3 days we are all at home and I am totally in love with her - being a mummy is the best thing in the world, I left the hospital telling the staff, see you in 2 years for the next one!!!
Alexa is doing very well, feeding well and is just such a pleasure.

Wishing you ladies all the very best with your labours - IT IS ALL WORTH IT !!

I will put some pics on asap xxx

others035.jpg

others043.jpg

others048.jpg

My goodness she is beautiful! I actually got tearful when i saw her...god you can tell i am preggers and over emotional!

Well done!! :clap: :clap:

Awwwwwww shes a little darling, congratulations :cheer: :cheer: :hug: :hug:

She is really beautiful, well done both of you :clap: .

So weird looking at the pics thinking my baby about is the same age as her but he's still in there and she's out now!

Lots of congratulations :clap:

Aww just beautiful and sooo tiny.

Enjoy being a mammy, its so fantastic.

Congratulations hun :hug:

xxx :hug:

Massive congratulations hun!!!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

She is beautiful. its scary to think my little man is about her size and he aint here yet i think up till i saw her i thought he was still this tiny little blob (although with the kicks i just got im not sure he likes me after that comment lol)

Welcome to the world little Alexa!

She's beautiful. Great story, good to see something positive!

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl! :cheer: :hug:

OMG she is just beautiful hun!! Congratulations again hun!! :hug: :hug: :cheer: :cheer:

Fab pics! She's beautiful - congratulations! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back