Aldi

They do have alot more pros than cons.

Just the odd thing u might have to get in asda instead! Xx

i will be honest, and this is just my opinion, but i find them more expensive for alot of things. I kind of know most of the prices for the stuff we buy at asdas and looking around aldis and lidls here they were more expensive on alot of things. Tin of smartprice beans in asdas is 28p but in aldis and lidls they were nearly 40p lol, just one example.

Haha! I found the freezer style ones better they r much bigger and dont have to squeeze ur sarnies in! Xx

i will be honest, and this is just my opinion, but i find them more expensive for alot of things. I kind of know most of the prices for the stuff we buy at asdas and looking around aldis and lidls here they were more expensive on alot of things. Tin of smartprice beans in asdas is 28p but in aldis and lidls they were nearly 40p lol, just one example.

I find somethings way cheaper and some more expensive, think if you have the time to shop around during the week between aldi and other shops you can get the best of both worlds. Can be quite hard to find time to do that though x

I've shopped at Aldis & ended up back in Asda a few days later. I dont seem to get everything I need.

We're happy with alot of Smart Price products though - A few things we hate like Smart Price bread, beans & Crisps lol But otherwise can deal with most of the rest.

I do LOVE Aldi and it's the closest shop to us, so I go whenever I need to pop somewhere for a few bits and bobs. It's noticeably cheaper than Asda, which is the next nearest for us. But for some reason, I go to Aldi when I'm on my own and Asda when I'm with OH - I think it's because they change the shop around less often and I have to know precisely where I'm going with a big shop when OH is there or I'd end up killing him!!! Being able to direct him to a specific shelf is beneficial. The till bit doesn't bother me either - no problem packing it at the side afterwards - even with a big shop.

the only thing I didnt like from there was nappies, their own brand were ok when lo was tiny but leaked terribly once she got to about 4 months, that was a messy lesson learned! cost wise it's cheaper for us to shop at asda but I guess it depends on the kind of things u buy normally x

Aldi Rocks!

We used to be about 70 quid weekly(not including washing powder, toiletries, or cleaning products etc) in asda, and have managed to cut that in half.

That includes both our stuff & Jackson's nappies etc.

The day that I got the washing powder, dish tabs, bleech, cleaning stuff I was £50 all in!

xxxxxx

Last edited:
Aldi rocks ! We love their meat and veg !

We've saved at least £200 a month by doing our shopping there!

Only thing is their black bags are pants lol I can deal with that! X

Agree they are bloody awful black bags lol!

I get my binbags from work - the cleaner keeps me a stash.

Shhhh

Can't go wrong with thick nhs bags, esp when there's shitty nappies involved lol!

xxxxx

Has anyone tried the ready to cook meat?? Had honey glazed gammon the other night!

And have peri peri chicken and hunter chicken (chicken, bacon, cheese & bbq sauce) in fridge for this week! Only a couple of quid! They do them frozen aswell! X

Oh no are they nice??

Their sauces are yum the tomato and pancetta is tasty and their dopiaza and low fat too

They r bringing the Ainsley dinner packs back on Thursday :)

We find their breaded ham much nicer and not grisly or anything x

I quite like the sauces too we've been making pasta bakes non stop

We had a chippy tea last night was yum. The refrigerated battered sausages that go in oven and some of the thick home fries.

Lovely. xxxxx

Have to admit my experience of the cheap shops is dubious - lidl really cos it's at the end of the road - I notice a lot of stuff - pretty much anything branded - is more expensive than tesco and a lot of the cheaper stuff is a bit funny looking (I am fussy though). I agree with some of the other pps about some of the fruit and veg being dodgy - certainly not lasting long etc - though I know a lot of people have good things to say and I think one of them has got which? Awards for their f&v.

I think maybe the couple of stores I have tried weren't great. And they definitely don't have the variety to give me a good shopping experience.

However, as it's easy walking distance from my house I do pop there for essentials - their multigrain bread is really nice and they do organic milk. And they have tunnock caramel wafers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back