Aldi

H16

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if any of you shop at Aldi and what you make of it?
I am thinking about doing the majority of my food shopping there from now on as I really need to cut down on my spending - does anyone else shop there? What is their meat like etc? Good value for money?

Thanks

H

I love aldi. Much more value for money and the veg is better and the meat is lovely I find xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Yay, good to know! Thanks hun :D x

I've just been today for the first time! Veg is great, loads cheaper than Asda, we've just had their mince for tea which was nice. Everything I bought was cheaper!

Just annoys me when you get to the till though, they don't take credit cards (just debit) and I have a cash back reward card so not using it on groceries will make a huge difference. They rush you through the till, starting the next person before you've finished packing. There's no space for things once they've scanned them and they don't offer to help pack even if you're clearly not keeping up!! So I definately won't go there with LO in tow, but will if I'm on my own or only buying a couple of bits.x

I buy everything from ALDI apart from toileterries and cat food- they do Colgate toothpaste now though mind!

All the brands are like the leaders just alf the price

I think we save about 30-40 a week compared to other supermarkets and the whole till thing doesn't bother me- I just slide it all back in the trolley and load it into reusable bags in car park- job done

:)

I do all my shopping in Aldi an Quinn has been in aldi nappies from day 1 better thsn branded nappies :)

Weve even swapped cat food & washing powder and still great xx

We buy the frozen meat like half a lamb leg- defrost overnight tgen pop in slow cooker and you'd swear it was the finest cut of lamb money could buy not £4.99!!!

You are supposed to put shopping back in trolley and place into bags on the side :)

Quinns proud mammy xx Tapatalking xx

Thanks ladies, will defo give it a try next week then :D

My mum does a fair bit of her top up shopping there and she swears by their washing powder - says it is just as good as branded stuff so think I might give it a try.

My nearest Aldi is a 10 minute walk from my flat which is good as I don't drive but I did wonder how I will manage with a pram in tow as I know their packing system is mad. I guess the key will be to go there twice a week or as needed rather than get everything in one go x

You are supposed to put shopping back in trolley and place into bags on the side :)

I don't think I could do my entire shop at Aldi, they just don't have the range of products for me. But what I do buy from there has always been really good.

Like Drummers wife says their packing policy is to put stuff back in your trolley then move to the side to then pack into bags! Drives me crazy and I hate it. sort of puts me off going to be honest.

Again like Drummers wife said, the nappies are really good too!

Also, remember to take bags with you, they charge for all their bags.

Theres only a handful of things we get elsewhere x like formula, garlic puree, some herbs & spices etc

Bags are charged in every shop in wales as its a bring ur own culture xx so I always take bags xx

Quinns proud mammy xx Tapatalking xx

Ohhhh!! They should put a sign up to tell me that!! I did wonder what that big shelf thing was for!!! That would do my head in too so still don't think I could do a proper shop.

If I had a car I would go to Aldi more but I don't soo am lazy and go asda and get mac d's while am at it

David Victor JR. 21.40. - 19.05.'13 - 6lb 11oz /tapatalking

When I was on the last bit of maternity I started shopping there & Lidls both were great and so cheap. I prefer the veg in both stores to normal supermarkets the fresh veg lasts longer.

Yep in Aldi you have to be so quick at the till I put my bags in the till shove it all in then just sort out the rest afterwards. Both Selection of nappies are great too! My only grumble is they don't have breadsticks in lidls (not that I can find) or decent rice cakes in Aldi but in the grand scheme of things that's so minor!

I haven't been there much since back in work but I'm going to aim to do a bulk shop for essentials once a month xx

I'm lucky because my aldi is a 5 minute walk away. I get everything from there except nappies (I get tesco own brand), bread (I love weight watchers malted danish and they don't stock it), washing powder (I like fairy) and coffee because I just think their coffee is awful.

I love aldi, it saves me an absolute fortune because we eat so much fruit and veg I pop there daily. Even their own brand like bran flakes, malted wheaties and weetabix are just like Kelloggs. It's actually shocking that they are so much cheaper and I can't understand for the life of me why people are prepared to pay so much more elsewhere x

tapatalkin

I have to say generally I am gobsmacked at how cheap our shopping is now we go. We buy there deodorant, shower gel and shampoo as well and have always used their nappies.Just a few things I noticed, like meat one time still had two days use by on it, yet it was rancid, fish was full of bones and I bought a packet of Andrex loo roll and it rattled, when I looked inside a load of dried pasta had fallen inside and a bottle of olive oil had globs of white floating in it I think it's just because it was stored in a cold place, but I never experienced this kind of thing in Asda or sainsburys. Dh hated it the first time due to the lack of service but it is saving us so much money each week, so we will keep on trying it.

Robyer i had same experince with their meat the other day..
I bought 2 fresh raw steaks that was due to go off 10.09.13 i bought this on 6th and by the 8th the meat was brown and looked gone off!?
I dint eat it, but OH said it tasted ok lol.. Ergh..

Still love aldi tho!

Their fruit is also terrible, i have to reaaallllyy examine it before i put it in my trolley lol x

Blimey I'm shocked you reckon their fruit is dodgy, that's the main reason I started going there. We go through loads of fruit weekly and aldi fruit is a million times better/fresher than my local tesco and is about half the price. Infact I've never had a bag of bad fruit from them and I spend about £20 a week purely on apples, bananas, pears, melons, oranges.

I agree on the meat though, it really has to be checked and I always go for the packets right at the back because they usually have the longest date and are cooler x

tapatalkin

I was going through their oranges and couldn't buy any as they were rotten but generally stuff is really good I find. X

Its the apples n grapes in my aldi. Granny smiths my OH likes n most r always bruised to hell. One time i got home opened them and they were all rotten i picked one up and my thumb sunk into it!!!
Took them bk for a different bag. Grapes 8/10 r always mouldy lol!! So i hust have a dig to the bottle fresher crates.

Otherwise tho... Love aldi haha xx

Good to know ladies.
I thought I would try their frozen beef mince the other day as it was so cheap - it was tasteless, yuck yuck. Their 55p village bread is nice though which surprised me as thought it would be like tesco value but it is pretty decent. I also love the fact you can get 800g of cheddar for less than £4 - in tesco etc you would only get half the amount for that price! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back