Aldi

I love the bubble, its like a milky bar only bubbley like a cross between an aero and milky bar mmm.

I love my pink ladies em! and I love that I can get 6 from aldi, for cheaper than 4 at asda/sainsburys!!!

xxxxx

:( bought a pack of tunnocks wafers and most of them were unwrapped!! Some looked as if they had been unwrapped and wrapped again. Looks as if they are seconds, as though the machine hadn't wrapped them properly. Are the branded goods actually seconds and that's how they get them cheap? I'm easily put off so I'm not eating them, but Dh is happy to eat them lol

I've tried their lasagne, chicken and mushroom pies and sausages ( aldi brand) and they are fantastic. Also trying their tea tree shampoo and conditioner this time round and my hair was really nice after the first wash. Shampoo dosent lather much, but the conditioner felt amazing.Still maintain that their bin liners and food bags are trash.
Oh and their butterfly cakes are beaut but I wouldn't recommend the Victoria sponge packet mix.

What's the service like in your local aldi?
I know it's cheap for a reason, but I was sorry to see an elderly gentleman get shot down for asking a question about a product, then proceeded to slag him off on his mobile, while walking through the shop and was chatting abut his night out the night before!

Last edited:
I love the bubble, its like a milky bar only bubbley like a cross between an aero and milky bar mmm.

I love my pink ladies em! and I love that I can get 6 from aldi, for cheaper than 4 at asda/sainsburys!!!

xxxxx

I know, they didnt have any mangos last week so I went to get one from ASDA. Well I didnt bother, was more than twice as expensive for one than it is for two at aldi!! Xxx

Jeez! You never notice until your going to buy something else. the prices of asda etc is shocking but because it says rollback you think Oh bargain!! LOL

The service at my store is pretty general tbh. Theyr polite enough.. Ive never had any bother. Although once I asked the price of something and the boy was like take it to the counter and if you dont like the price we can remove it.. Im like.. Well, Ill just buy it anyway LOL kinda hoped he wouldv quickly checked on a till!

xxxx

Aldi is by far cheapest and tastiest :)

The service in our store is ok, they do well considering theres loads of building work going on at the minute. x

I got the essential frozen sausages(20 per pack) yesterday - 99p, even OH was shocked he thought Id bought cheap crap.

xxxxx

Last edited:
I like the sausages from there :)

I also love the Christmas food, mmm xx

Disappointed in the crisps, a load of packets in my multi packet weren't sealed and had corners missing! Packaging problems keep occurring but too much hassle to take back.

I bought the big stollen today- its half finished as had it for breakfast and lunch and washed it down with snowballs made with thier own brand advocaat and limes. Feeling a bit sick now but happy and flushed with the sugar and alcohol!

I find them horrible if you use the basket becuase the assistants are told not to let you pack at the til , ive even had them take my stuff to the shelf and leave me at the till the cheeky blighters. However I just always use a trolley now which solves the problem. unless you havent got a pound coin and then that sucks to!!

x Daisy

is that the smoked sausage em?

i just freaking love aldi - infact im going tonight :)

xxxxxxxxx

i couldnt possibly buy 20 sausages for 99p- check the pork content- i once bought 20 sausages from tesco for a pound- we threw them in the bin when we realised they had more chicken than pork, however the main ingreient was CONNECTIVE TISSUE!! i barfed in my mouth :lol:

since then i always check the pork content on the sausages i buy! +50% pork is good enough for me! :lol:

aldi sausages are nice though! their pork/lincolshire ones in the paper kind of packetd in fridge are lovely! yum yum! and i think they are 60ish% pork from memory

The aldi 6 & 8 pack pork sausages are lush x

I agree with the trolley usage lol I have two of their big bags and it seems to work

We are proper bore offs to our friends and families about how much we love aldi lol but we have more money for it ;-)

Bought and ate out of date ham last week :( I'm horrified.
Perhaps everyone else checks the dates, but I was stupid and took for granted that there wouldn't be ham two. Days out of date on the shelves. Didn't help that I have a real thing about sell by dates and use before, where as I know it dosent bother some :(
Also bought a pack of chillies that were mouldy..
Now I have Lo I run about like a maddy and just haven't checked stuff, generally in Asda etc you wouldn't need to.
It's still cheaper but now I'm seeing why!
Will still be going but need to check every item first!

We've started shopping at aldi, getting so much more for our money.
Spent £85 today got a big trolley worth including stuffed chicken, salmon, haddock, gammon, chicken breasts.
If we would of gone asda or wherever it would of cost a lot more!
This should last us a fortnight xx

I did an Aldi shop on Tuesday which came to £50, I had a £5 off voucher so paid £45 - when I got home I compared it online to what it would've cost at Asda - £66! I knew it was cheaper but that really surprised me! I'm now officially an Aldi convert! :)

We're still Aldi Loyals. Even did an aldi xmas which was amazing - still pop to asda for a couple of my branded faves like heinz beans, sweetcorn, heinz tomato sauce etc but the rest I love aldi for.

And hurrah for size 5 nappes!!!

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back