Alcohol and pregnancy

Gruntie2

Reaction score
my DH and i love to visit our local pub at least twice a week for a nice cold pint... (yes i love beer). I have decided to stop as of now (don't know if i am pregnant, 11 days late, but BFN on test). Anyone know if Non alcoholic beers are bad for the baby too? i know they don't taste the same.. but they do taste similar???

you are allowed a pint a week when pregnant. As for non- alcholic drinks the usual goes cranberry juice, orange juice (very good while pregnant)
coke or pepsi, although the caffine in them id be wary of.

Plus the say red wine is good too, but only 2 glasses sorry lol

My friend drank during her pregnancy, mind you she didn’t know she was pregnant until the 3rd month, when I mean drank; I mean totally blinded at least 4 times a week. It can be a hit and miss, 1 beer a week is okay and not a problem or 1 red glass of wine, something in them both is good for you during a pregnancy.

Non-Alco drinks should be fine and wouldn’t affect your baby.

I think they will be fine, but to be honest if you cut down to a half instead of a pint and only do this a couple of times a week i cant see the problem, as a very low intake of alcohol shouldnt do any damage.

Might be worth asking your doctor though just to be on the safe side!

jemz24 said:
you are allowed a pint a week when pregnant. As for non- alcholic drinks the usual goes cranberry juice, orange juice (very good while pregnant)

Ha, posted at the same time lol

Just be aware of taking on too much sugar with fizzy drinks, it will go straight to your hips quicker than when you are not pregnant, plus too much blood sugar level isn’t healthy for the baby.

Josephine_Beth said:
jemz24 said:

Ha, posted at the same time lol

Just be aware of taking on too much sugar with fizzy drinks, it will go straight to your hips quicker than when you are not pregnant, plus too much blood sugar level isn’t healthy for the baby.

also true i have got a sweet tooth, plus im a size 8 any sugar to the hips it be welcome got me thinking whether i should do that now lol id love to put on weight.

Have some of my weight! Mind you I have dropped a stone since being pregnant, not complaining! And I am on a fresh food normal diet, losing a stone ahs been a goal for months on end and it comes natural now :twisted:

I drank Becks no alcohol beer when I was PG-its delicious icy cold. I hink its around £3.50 for 6 bottles in Asda. Tried the no alcohol wine and it was yuck to be honest, so the Becks was a God send, especially on a hot summers evening when everyone was drinking beer!!

I did have the occasional glass of red wine or half a noraml lager, and a glass of champagne at New Year.

Give the Becks a try-its lovely (tried Kaliber and Cobra no alcohol-too watery but the Becks tastes like the real deal :wink: )

Thanks Zoe... i think i'll go out and buy some becks tonite... hopefully the weathers going to be nice this bank holiday weekend so bbq time and can't have a bbq without a nice cold bottle in my hand..... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back