alchol??? your views?

Each to their own but personally I won't be touching a drop of alcohol until well after the birth if I breastfeed.

I'm not missing it as much as I thought I would, my bean is too precious to risk anything happening to it.

Nobody knows the true effects of what drinking does to an unborn baby, because it effects each woman differently. The government can only provide guidelines and they are there for our best interest.

Those scan pictures on the news recently were alarming. Although my mind was made up before seeing those it's made it 100% sure in my mind that no alcohol will be touching my lips for the next 7+ months.

I don't smoke thankfully so no worries on that front.

Morning ladies

When I first got my BFP, DH and I had a weekend planned at the lakes to stay with my best friend and her hubby. My mate is 31, doesn't have any children and doesn't have any desire at all to want them, she lives her life to the full with going out to the pub a major factor in her life, lol!!! We arrived at her house at 4pm on the friday and as we walked through the door she asked me what I wanted to drink - she was amazed when I said I didn't want one!!!

We went out for a meal that night and I ordered a white wine and soda water, but the taste just didn't do it for me and like someone else said, I have tended only to drink to get drunk in the past so felt it was a total waste of time and ordered myself a Britvic Orange.

I haven't had an alcoholic drink since and like others am not missing it at all. I don't plan to have another drink until well after the baby is born as like Bagpuss I am going to give breastfeeding a go. This is not to say we all have to do the same, I mirror others views about 'everything in moderation'.

Has anyone else noticed how quickly their friends are to tell them that they can't have a drink over Christmas?!!! DH and I went to the pub for tea last night and we met some friends in there who we haven't seen for a while. When we told them that we were having a baby they said congratulations and then .... 'ha ha ha you can't have a drink over christmas nightmare!' It amazes me how people think it really does, lol!!!

Well I think I have gone on enough now.....

Xxx

I could never drink while pregnant. I'd rather be completely safe when it comes to something so precious and fragile. I'm not a drinker anyway so I guess it's a pretty easy decision for me! I do know people who have had alcohol or even drugs while pregnant, and although their children turned out fine...that's not always the case so I don't think that's a logical argument.

I didin't see the news thing about the baby having spasms - don't have telly!

I've had a couple of drinks in my pregnancy. I've stuck to the rule 1 or 2 units once or twice a week. I've never had more than 2 glasses of wine in any one week. Not had spirits at all as I know they are bad. I was a drinker before I got pregnant and usually had a drink most days (a social drink mind you - not leathered every day!)

There are SO many things these days which say do this in pregnancy, don't do that in pregnancy, that it's sometimes a personal choice when it comes down to it. Studies are constantly proving eachother wrong and there are plenty of people out theere who think releasing this information is helping, when all it does it create a stir.

I personally have never noticed my baby being more active or having 'spasms' after a drink - think he kicks more after eating a curry to be honest!!

hi ladies well thanks for all your replys, but i wont be drinking any way i didnt once with dior but i am despo for a mad girls night on the town :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back