going to paris with work next week...

petchy

Reaction score
...and i am so frustrated!!!! we go twice a year to this trade show and usually stay one night, go out eat some lovely food etc in the evenings - you get the picture!

i'm actually thinking i don't really want to go this year as i know it will be a very early start on the departure day, straight from the airport to the show, then straight to the hotel, straight out for dinner with our colleagues in the paris office, probably a late night... then the following day, more walking around, minimal breaks and not home until 10pm, then back at work as normal the following day. i just know i'll be exhausted and don't think it will do me any good at all.

also on a slightly less important scale (just moaning now!) i'm thinking NOOOOO i won't be able to have the lovely medium rare meat that i love so much (and it's like a deadly sin to order your meat well done in france!!) and will probably end up eating a bowl of pasta while my two colleagues feast away on french culinary delights and get drunk on good red wine....

see here in britain i'm not too bothered and will have a medium steak if i know where the meat is from, it is fresh and i have cooked it myself etc... as the food standards here are so strict toxo is as good as unheard of! but i've been warned that toxo is MUCH more common in france and the rest of southern europe so i don't want to take the risk.

also they seem to smoke like chimneys in france, there are no "non smoking" areas, and i ended up red-eyed, sneezing and stinking last time after a meal in a restaurant. i don't want to subject baby (or me) to that.

arghh, sorry i've ranted on! i am actually thinking of doing a "sickie" and pull out of this, as the tickets have been booked ages (before i even knew i was pregnant) - what do you think i should do?!?!?

(sorry to those of you who also go on emma's diary, i have posted this there as well..)

I've said stay at home cos that's what I think deep down you want to do, and I wouldn't want to be round smelly smoking peeps either now or before I was pregnant :D

I vote stay at home too. There's no way I would be able to enjoy that at the moment. Especially not the wandering round and staying up late. Blah!

I've said stay at home cos that's what I think deep down you want to do
you're right rosieroo, i don't really want to go, but you know when it's with work and you feel like you have to, especially since the tickets have already been paid for... there's this trend prediction conference that we go to and use as a basis for our work, so i feel really guilty for considering a sickie...

oh i really don't know what to do still... what do i tell my boss and my colleagues?!?!

there's talks of the "big boss" wanting us to come to head office in hong kong for marketing meeting as well in october/november, which i will definitely not do! i just hope that they don't turn around and say "but you're ok to fly out to norway for a weekend then are you??" as i'm going out there to see my sister 1st weekend in november... but the flight to HK isn't even comparable to the one to norway at all...

god sorry, i'm rambling again aren't i??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back