alchol??? your views?

Dee1985

Reaction score
hi just woundering if any of u still go out and drink while pregnant? i never have i didnt while i was preg with dior and havnt gone out since having her now im preg again iv gone nearly two yrs with out being drunk :( i luv going out and im despo to go out and get drunk ppl i speak to say i shud well u do get ppl that smoke wen preg and take drugs? i do none ov that i dont think i wud get tipsy cuz if i misscarried i no ilod blame my self... wot u girls think?

I personally think that you should not get drunk whilst pregnant. Everything that goes into your body goes to the baby aswell.

I have had two glasses of wine in total so far this pregnancy. two half glasses and once a full glass. I wouldnt dare drink any more than that, but its personal choice. I shall have a couple of glasses staggered over the xmas and new year period, but thats all.

i think one or two glasses of wine now and again are fine, but i defo wouldnt go out and get trollied lol

3 glasses ov wine wud get my drunk?
sho9uld i just avoid it all together then?
oviously i wouldnt get in a state were i cant walk but wud be tipsy n av a good laff?
i no its wrong lol,
just wanted sum one to tell me different :oops:

Hi Dionne,

I wouldnt get drunk, I generally have a glass of wine every 2 weeks (if we are busy and go out a lot) I dont nessacarilly have a drink every 2 weeks but if busy I allow it (if that makes sense dont want you tho think I drink every 2 weeks)

Generally I just have one and unless it is a long night I have one at the beginning and have one at the end and drink soft drinks inbetween.

This is only once a week and I dont drink at home.

Hope this makes sense.

Sarah

I'm with Sarah on this one.

We're both very social and as much as I've gone off alcohol, used to have a drink nearly every day before preggers, I have at least one glass of wine spritzer on the weekend.......and they are more heavy on the soda coz I'm not enjoying the taste as much.

If you want one, have one. The worst you could do is deny yourself and then lose it one day and then get drunk......

Everything in moderation - and that's what life's about anyway.

Sass
x

i think there was something on the news a few weeks ago that said if you have 1 glass of wine per week it can give the baby involuntary jumps - or it did with some women.

i think wine is better that spirits but i'm not drinking at all while pregnant. the thought makes me feel a bit sick anyways x

there was actually something on the news last week about drinking during pregnancy and the advice on their was actually dont even have 1 drink they showed a scan of a baby after 1 glass of wine :shock: baby looked like it was dancing they said also that even one glass of wine a week could affect childs future development after its born :( they only said could though but as above i think everything in moderation
i used to drink at least 8 pints of cider on a friday night now if i go out and ive only been out twice since pregnant i have 1 half a cider and then stick to pineapple juice and lemonade
goverment health advises no more than 1 or 2 units eg. 1 unit is half a pint no more than once or twice a week
hope this helps xxxxxxxxxx

When I was pregnant with my first two the advice was 1-2 units once or twice a week now it's no alcohol at all. I would have the odd glass of wine with them as I do now with this pregnancy........there is nothing wrong with my two!!

I asked my midwife about this and why the sudden change of heart. She said it was because years ago women didn't drink that much (or not as much as men) so to tell them to cut down would mean they wouldn't drink much. Nowadays we girlies like to go out and outdrink the men!! And more of us drink too much too often which is why it is safer to tell pregnant women not to drink at all.

There are so many studies on this - years ago they would recommend a glass of guiness every night during pregnancy to increase iron!!

I think as long as you are sensible it is ok - I am the kind of person who takes all these studies with a pinch of salt - if we believe everything in the media we wouldn't eat, drink, sleep, leave the house, drive our cars etc etc.

Life is for living - you only get one chance. Enjoy it, you are dead an awful long time!! :wink:

did anyone see on the news last week that as little as 2 glasses of wine a week can cause the baby to have spasms/fits. it showed a picture of a baby in the womb and showed it having these spasms, it was horrible!!!

I didn't see the news but what a load of bollocks.

I work in television and can only say that they have either picked a very susceptible mother-to-be (who probably never drank before being preggers) or she hadn't eaten anything prior, etc etc.

I quote from the following website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/pregnanc ... k.shtml?10

"Concerned about how much you can drink when pregnant? Ask your midwife for up to date guidance, but the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists say 'it is recommended that women should be careful about alcohol consumption in pregnancy and limit this to no more than one standard drink per day'."

Sass

If I am still pregnant on Xmas day then I will allow myself a glass of wine (with lemonade), but apart from that I can wait until after the baby is born.

I have the occasional weak shandy at home if DH is having a Boddingtons, but that has a real tiny amount of beer in it. I do miss alcohol but I don't fancy getting my little boo drunk!!

argh im having technical problems!!!! bloody computer!!!! lol

I was having a unit a fortnight and my gp said it was OK, but after watching that news article I've not bothered and to be honest, I'm not missing it and I've only got about eight weeks to go.

i wasnt really that bothered in the beggining, didnt really have bad morning sickness, but went off the taste of alchol ( and a lot of other stuff!!!!!) but since then, well, i'm no saint! have had a few glasses of wine here an there, and the odd bottle of beer too, and on a slightly worrying note - did have a craving for baileys a few weeks ago (allowed myself the tiniest glass with a dash of milk and loads of ice) not touched any of the "hard stuff" - am beginning to miss my jack d tho hehehehee

drinking over christmas doesnt really bother me - i hate waiting round for taxis or walking home in the snow, so will probably drive over christmas and new years, drinking at all doesnt really bother me i suppose - i was on a course of medication for six whole months that stretched across my 21st birthday and even stuck to that ( i shud have got a medal hehehehe!)

again, like everything to do with being pregnant and bringing up baby, its all down to personal choice - and even if you do agree with one lot of research or doctore advice on an aspect of pregnancy, you'll probably find the next time around, they've moved the goal posts again!!

I had about 4 alcholic drinks throughout my whole pregnancy. Before being pregnant I only drank to get drunk and would never do that being pregnant so did not even see the point in having just the one.

Yeah those scans on the BBC of the baby jerking was well scarey.

I don't think one in a blue moon would do any harm and red wine & guiness are good for ya (in moderation of course ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back