Aimee crying last night!! Advice needed please!

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
Aimee has been sleeping through the night from the age of 3 weeks old. We get the occasional night where she wakes up about 4am for a bottle but it is nothing major. Last night she wouldn't settle. Ewan stayed up with her until 1am as I had taken my medication that makes me drowsy at 10pm so I was useless. She settled down easily then but at 1.30am we were woken up by a horrible horrible cry. At first I thought she'd hurt herself as it was a painful cry but she was in the middle of the cot and hadn't moved an inch. Nothing around her to hurt herself.

She was inconsolable for 25 minutes before Ewan suggested a bottle. She settled for this and was back in bed by 2.15am. We finally managed to get some sleep but then at 5am it happened again. So after 10 minutes we got another bottle for her, which again calmed her. It is very out of character for Aimee to do this and it is concerning me.

She's been on solid food for about 6 weeks, we haven't had any problems with weaning, she took to it like a duck to water. We put her on the follow-on milk last week, again no problems with that. Her usual feeding pattern is 9am, 1pm, 5pm and 9pm. She gets her baby cereal at 9am and a C&G baby jar at 1pm. I can't think of anything different to her routine that would have caused her so much upset or hunger! Do you think she is ready for solids 3 times a day or is she still too young for that?

sounds like teething to me hun. I doubt youd hear that type of cry if she was just hungry. Maybe the bottle gives her comfort and thats why she stopped crying. Hope shes ok tonight :hug:

She has 6 teeth already and we didn't have many problems with them. :? She hates dummies and teething rings. Teething gels don't work but that Ashton and Parsons powders do. I can't believe I didn't think it could be teething! :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back