Sleeping too much?

Cupcake78

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my wee honeypie is a great sleeper. Shes been sleeping through the night for over a month and I'm not complaining, but over the last few weeks her daytime naps seem to have got longer and more often. She has her last bottle about 11pm, sleeps till 8am, has a bottle, then straight back to sleep till 12 or even 1pm! After that bottle she might nap again, and then sleeps on and off till the 6pm bottle, and then sleeps till the 11pm one. She was on her mat for about half an hour today then was moaning because she wanted to sleep! Even if we go out she sleeps! Is this normal?

Hey Hun

If your not 100% speak with the health visitor !

My baby is a sleeper too and I must say getting the naps in the day is key to helping her sleep at night!

How old is she?

Xxx

You could even bring her bed time earlier. My lo was doing 11- 9 bottle and back to sleep until the afternoon.

I brought it back to 10, then 9 and now she's in bed at 7:30 each night. Gives hubby and I our evenings back and she's up at 7/8 xxx

Hi, thanks for your reply! She is just over 14 weeks. I mentioned it to the health visitor a few weeks ago and she wasn't worried at all, basically said I shouldn't be complaining! I am lucky! She has her second set of jabs tomorrow so I might mention it again. She seems to be eating fine and gaining weight so hopefully she is just a good sleeper. I tried her with the Mickey Mouse programme earlier on but she is asleep across my lap now!

She used to have her last bottle about 12 or 1am but I've brought it forward to around 10.30pm. She starts to stir around 5.30am though! I pop the dummy in and she settles herself but I guess I should try and bring the times forward. When she goes to bed that means bed time for me too though.

My lo one is 17 wks ! I say go for it see how she gets on she might surprise you...

I was so scared of braking the pattern lol . Getting used
To the sleep ad having it snatched
Away is a shock to the system.. Lol

It seems as though my lo was having a growth spurt the past few weeks and started waking up in the wee hours . She's back to normal now thank god.

Good luck with it all xxx

Thanks Marley, I'll give it a try. Shes woken up now and is smiling away at me! xxx

I was told they sleep more when they have growth spurts :)

I was told they sleep more when they have growth spurts :)
Oh eck! If its a growth spurt its been going on for over a month! She was already 9lb 4 when she was born and is in some 6-9 month old clothes! Shes not fat though, just long like her mama :)

My baby is the same hun and I'm forever asking hvs about it and I get the same responses as you! As long as they are alert when awake and waking for feeds in the day don't worry! We are very lucky lol!!

My baby is the same hun and I'm forever asking hvs about it and I get the same responses as you! As long as they are alert when awake and waking for feeds in the day don't worry! We are very lucky lol!!
:) Yeah, I guess so, my mum says it won't last so we should make the most of it! She must take after me because I could sleep for Britain! :)

Me too lol and my OH! Double sleepy genes! Defo gonna make the most of it I know she will soon be wide awake and making up for lost time!!

Lol lol no don't say it !!! They will continue to sleep until they have left home xxx

She's been asleep since 7:30 just heard her stir hope I haven't cursed myself lol x

Lol!! Put her down at 8:30 and just had to wake her to feed her lol! She was awake on the school run but always sleeps in the car on the way home!
Did she stay asleep for u marley?

Lol!! Put her down at 8:30 and just had to wake her to feed her lol! She was awake on the school run but always sleeps in the car on the way home!
Did she stay asleep for u marley?

She woke up at 5!! Fed her and went back to sleep until 9 ! I did het your text hun and will reply , been a bit manic my end xxx

Sods law!!! Asked hv about sleeping again and they said its fine!

Last edited:
Sods law!!! Asked hv about sleeping again and they said its fine!
Same here! Had Chloe in for her second injections on Tuesday and asked about the sleeping but they're not worried. Poor wee soul was crying at bed time, took us 2 hours and some Calpol to calm her down and get her to sleep. She still slept all night and then all morning! I hate immunsation time :cry:

I've been quite lucky with lily she's been fine with her jabs.. The girls were quite bad :(
Bless her hope she is okay now!

Thanks! She was a bit unsettled last night but went to sleep and slept right through again so can't complain. Shes just been a wee bit unsettled, but I reckon she might be teething soon as she is dribbling lots and chewing on her hands! She is currentl snoozing away on the sofa and has been for the last 2 and a half hours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back